cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disk Based Storage

escoba
Level 4

Hello,

Is it Ok for me to create One disk storage and direct incremental and full backups of 2 different folders onto it?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Kiran_Bandi
Level 6
Partner Accredited

direct incremental and full backups of 2 different folders onto it?

Yes definately you can....

Backups will be written to different bkf files and will be managed according to the retention period configured in the backup jobs.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Kiran_Bandi
Level 6
Partner Accredited

direct incremental and full backups of 2 different folders onto it?

Yes definately you can....

Backups will be written to different bkf files and will be managed according to the retention period configured in the backup jobs.

Backup_Exec1
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified
Hi Is it Ok for me to create One disk storage and direct incremental and full backups of 2 different folders onto it? Ans: If it is BE2012 then you only can create one disk storage per drive ,so if you are creating one disk based storage on a drive it is fine.if your 2nd question I have got correctly you are asking is it fine to run incremental and full to 2 different folder that means 2 different disk storage you means to say. Yes you can do it, but will find bit of difficult to manage ,so it is more better if you perform incremental and full to same disk storage. Thanks

escoba
Level 4

Bakcup Exec, 

You didnot quiet understand the question but your advice is as well helpful.

Kiran Bandi,

Thanks for the affirmatory, I actually thought so but I needed another technician to confirm.

Thansk Guys!!

robnicholson
Level 6

If it is BE2012 then you only can create one disk storage per drive

Having read a lot of the negative press re BE2012, I can only go "Why?????". It's useful to have both a deduplication and B2D storage on there especially considering how fragile the deduplication storage system can be. B2D is also much faster than dedupe and considering granular Exchange backups to dedupe don't actually dedupe (!), you might as well use B2D for Exchange as it backups up faster.

Unless dedupe performance is vastly improved in BE2012 and granular Exchange backups now dedupe as well?

Rob.