cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disk Storage will not clear out

Cat_Adams
Level 5

I am using Backup Exec 2012.  I have 4 disk partitions that are 4.54TB each.  I have had issues with the data being dropped as being expired.  So I have to manually go to the Disk Storage in Backup Exec and click on Backup Sets and delete all the data that way.  I have always done that.  But I have noticed that even though when I do this,  there is still not the full disk storage being cleared.  I looked at the disk via Windows Explorer and there are files there (.bkf) that are old nut I am afraid to remove them.  I have read that by deleting from the disk instead of using Backup Exec delete backup sets,  that the configuration files will be messed up.

So my question is how do you remove those??  How do I get all of my storage back to use??

Thanks much

Cathy

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

pkh
   VIP    Certified
They should be deleted by BE. You do not need to delete them from the disk storage. That said, you should either log a support case for Symantec to take a look at the problem or better still upgrade to BE 2014

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

pkh
   VIP    Certified
They should be deleted by BE. You do not need to delete them from the disk storage. That said, you should either log a support case for Symantec to take a look at the problem or better still upgrade to BE 2014

Cat_Adams
Level 5

I believe that I will  close these discussions down.  I am going to add more memory (RAM) to my server and upgrade to 2014.

Thanks to all for the assistance.

Cathy