cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disk is Full - How to Delete Old Backup Jobs

Nysoh
Level 5

Hi All,

We have 12TB of Disk space using BE2010, disk is now 92%. I set the option the option to delete overwritable backups few weeks ago. Disk space looks like paus there and not expanding any further.

Could some one please advise - what is the best way to erase old backups, I have attached one picture from one of the backups but I don't understand what to erase,

advise would be highly appreciated.

Thanks

Nysoh

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

RahulG
Level 6
Employee

At the moment ,you can move the old media to scratch media set and the backup job would continue overwriting the bkf file from the scratch media set.

To avoid this sitiuvation , create media set with proper overwrite and append period so the older media gets rotated automatically .

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

AmolB
Employee Accredited Certified

You have set an overwrite protection period of 5 weeks, hence the files are not overwritable 

for next 5 weeks. If you want to make use of these file you can move them to the scratch 

media set. Also click on Tools->Options->Media Management -> Select use recycable 

media before using scratch media.

RahulG
Level 6
Employee

At the moment ,you can move the old media to scratch media set and the backup job would continue overwriting the bkf file from the scratch media set.

To avoid this sitiuvation , create media set with proper overwrite and append period so the older media gets rotated automatically .

Nysoh
Level 5

Those backups for 5 weeks and scratch them after 5 weeks,

Options->Media Management -> Select use recycable is already selected, but it was selected few one and half month ago.

can you you advise - about last years backups - how can I check them and what is the procedure to erase them.

AmolB
Employee Accredited Certified

Select the oldest B2D files, right click and erase.