cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disk quota information backup

Kurbycar32
Level 3

We have a basic file server that was on a backup schedule that included a full backup and a system state backup.  The server failed and we restored the data from the full backup, then restored the system state.  All of our quota information is missing which isnt the end of the world but it would save us alot of work if we could get it back.  So i guess the question would be "is the quota information backed up in the full backup or system state and how do i restore it" or if its not in either of those "how does backup exec bakup quotas"

The server that failed is a Server 2008r2 system and we are running backupexec 2010
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Kurbycar32
Level 3

Yes Amol you are correct about that check box but my situation is a bit more complicated.  The restore job was already run by another technician and because of the huge amount of information it took 15 hours to restore so running the restore again wouldnt be possible.  I did however learn a trick to solve this problem.  I started a new restore job and selected a single file from the backup i had previously restored.  Then i selected the restore disk quota box and ran the job.  Because the single restored file was tiny the job only took about a minute and ALL of the disk quota information came back even though i only restored the ONE file.  end result is full quota restore without running the 15 hour restore job again.  Thanks for your help

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

AmolB
Employee Accredited Certified
Hello

Open the restore window, on the left hand side click on "Advanced" option and check the box for "Restore disk quota data"

Refer to the below link for Disk quota

http://support.veritas.com/docs/309726

Kurbycar32
Level 3

Yes Amol you are correct about that check box but my situation is a bit more complicated.  The restore job was already run by another technician and because of the huge amount of information it took 15 hours to restore so running the restore again wouldnt be possible.  I did however learn a trick to solve this problem.  I started a new restore job and selected a single file from the backup i had previously restored.  Then i selected the restore disk quota box and ran the job.  Because the single restored file was tiny the job only took about a minute and ALL of the disk quota information came back even though i only restored the ONE file.  end result is full quota restore without running the 15 hour restore job again.  Thanks for your help

AmolB
Employee Accredited Certified

Thanks for sharing the single file restore info, it will be helpful for other customers too. Cheers!!!!