cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Display problem "Storage" - no entries / rows to small

DanielCapilla
Level 4

Hi,

does anyone have a solution for this display problem?
BE 21.1

Best regards,
Daniel

_BE-error.JPG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Update. I could solve it on my own.

The corresponding registry values, that define the view seemed to be cotrupt.

Solution:
Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Veritas\Backup Exec For Windows\Backup Exec\21.0\User Interface\GridColumns\storageTreeView

delete storageTreeView or rename it. 

1.jpg

When restarting Backup Exec. It is fixed, because the key is recreated with default values.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

RogRubin
Employee

Do you have the same issue on any of the other tabs like "Backup and Restore" or "Job Monitor" or just under  "Storage"?

Only under the storage tab.
I restarted the server several times and also changed the language from german to english, but no change.

Clicking inside the "invisible" spaces works, so you may navigate to the tape-drive, b2d and so on ... but
the text and graphics are missing, like in the screenshot documented.

Update. I could solve it on my own.

The corresponding registry values, that define the view seemed to be cotrupt.

Solution:
Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Veritas\Backup Exec For Windows\Backup Exec\21.0\User Interface\GridColumns\storageTreeView

delete storageTreeView or rename it. 

1.jpg

When restarting Backup Exec. It is fixed, because the key is recreated with default values.

Great that you managed to fix this issue and hopefully your solution might help someone else in a similar situation.
Your response and sharing your solution is much appreciated.

FYI - I did some test and tried to corrupt the key by changing entries in the values, deleted the values completetly and even renamed the main key you mentioend above.
All I had to do is to close / open the BE GUI (I did not neet to restart the services) and the key was back and everything was working, meaning I could not reproduce the issue.
Anyway, thanks again for sharing the solution.