cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does Backup Exec 12.x support Domino 8.5?

elreyjesus1
Level 3
Our Domino team needs to upgrade from Domino 8.0.1 to Domino 8.5 but I want to make sure we are going to be able to back up can you please confirm ASAP before they upgrade.
39 REPLIES 39

Andrew_Langer
Level 2
A hardware failure on the old Dom server forced me to make the test server the live operational one. After much reading I now have something that appears to be working.

Setup:
Domino 8.5 installed on a clean Server 2008 x64
Backup Exec v12.5 is installed on separate machine (Server 2000) with the latest remote agents pushed onto the Win2008 x64 server.

I prefer to keep the Domino server as clean as possible and the backup machine is a dedicated box that backs up a number of file servers as well.

Registry tweaks on the Server 2000 Backup machine:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Symantec\Backup Exec for Windows\Backup Exec\Engine\Domino
Enable Offline Backups = 1
Wait Before Time Out = 20000

all of the mail files are still the old ODS version however mine has been updated along with many of the system databases (names, admin4, etc.)

Backups are completing successfully and test restores appear OK too.  Thanks for the registry tweak ideas, it got me looking in that direction.

rravanelli
Level 2
We have installed a new server Win2003 64bit and Lotus Domino 8.5 32bit (cause compatibility problem with a SAP module for Domino which work only under 32bit Domino server).
On the server we have also installed BE 12.5 Rev.2213 64bit version but after the installation of Domino 8.5 we cannot run BE setup for add product (we need to add BACKUP EXEC AGENT FOR LOTUS DOMINO).

The setup client hang and we have to kill the task.
Someone can help me?

MarcZ
Level 2

Any update on Domino 8.5 support?

BE-Billy
Level 2
Employee Accredited
Backup Exec will be supporting Domino 8.5 with our next full release of Backup Exec which is currently planned for calendar Q4 of this year.  We will be fully embracing DAOS support as well as providing support for 32-bit Domino running on a compatible 64-bit Windows OS.

We are also gearing up for our closed BETA and are looking for customers that are running Backup Exec as well as Lotus Domino 8.5.  If you meet this criteria and are interested in participating please go to our "symbeta" site and sign up!

SymBeta

MarcZ
Level 2
I'm interested! -  just signed up for testing, what would be next step ?
I'm running Domino 8.5 and BE 12.5

horusint
Not applicable
I´m Signed up in Symbeta.
I´m interested in testing.
I'm running Domino 8.5 and BE 11d actually

nwy
Not applicable
We are running 8.5 on Backup Exec 12.5 and want to be involved. Better to be using something thats supported rather than something thats not .

Veerleft
Not applicable
Partner
Signed up with Symbeta but unable to see any area for testing new beta version other than this discussion.

Anbody have their hands on new beta version yet or have any details on how to get it..?

EdafioJS
Level 3
Partner Accredited Certified

I have a customer that is very intersted in Domino 8.5.1, and I am sure that MANY customers are pushing to move to 8.5.1 because of the new support for iPhone.

Any idea when the next release of Backup Exec is coming that supports 8.5? And will it support 8.5.1?

Joji
Level 5
JustinPerot,

Can you please tell me if you went forward with your project? Our Lotus Admin suggested using the DAOS feature and I am not sure if BES 12.5 supports this. Thanks in advance.

MarcZ
Level 2
It would be nice to hear update or release date ........

sblanc
Not applicable
Same thing,
Still waiting.
Have you got a release date?

Colin_Weaver
Employee Accredited Certified
Watch for the Official release of BE 2010 as Domino 8.5 support is part of this release - as such it is potentially not going to be supported by 12.x or earlier versions.

Or perhaps test with the Beta / Early Adopter release of BE 2010

Morphine
Not applicable
Partner
Hey all,

We have installed Domino 8.5 on all our servers with Win 2003 RC2. We have installed Backup-exec 12.5 with domino agent.

Back-up is running but it is a pain in the as, it is running at +/- 800Mb/sec to make a back-up to tape. A back-up to disk is even worse.

So I would advise to not upgrade unless you have a good back-up solution.

Greetz

elreyjesus1
Level 3
Wow has any of you found a backup solution for Lotus Domino 8.5 yet? I know most of you have been waiting on the next release of Symantec Backup Exec but is already the 4th Quarter and stil no release date.

We don't know what to do? Tivoli is not a solution that we want to go with but I'm starting to think that we are going to have to give it a try. We have to budget for next year already so I will look at other alternatives.

Like somebody said here... Are we there yet??

rravanelli
Level 2

No news about BE 12.5 support fot Domino 8.5, we running it from april 2009 and cannot have a supported backup..
I ask what I pay support for?

MikeJB
Level 2
Can any Symantec employee who monitors this forum advise the current status of BUExec 2010  please?  Even a "sorry, it is still under beta testing," would be more useful than silence.   Can we expect its release this year or next?

James_McKey
Level 5
Employee Certified
 Please "private message" me if you are interested in trying out the Beta version of BE 2010 which includes the added Lotus Domino 8.5 support. Please provide the following in your message:

company e-mail address
phone number
company website
country
current Backup Exec version and serial number (if applicable).

EdafioJS
Level 3
Partner Accredited Certified
 Based off this FAQ - looks like early 2010 is the target date:
http://www.symantec.com/connect/sites/default/files/early_adopter_program_faq_1.pdf

sbs
Level 3
Is there an update on the release date please. We have Backup Exec 12.5 installed on a 64-bit 2008 Windows platform running Domino 8.5. It works for a short while and then fails with a reported communications failure with the remote agent, nothing we try helps apart from removing & re-installing which is extremely inconvenient and annoying. It is a production server and can only be done outside hours as it requires a minimum of 2 reboots (removal, install and service pack). We have to run 12.5 as the platform is 2008-64bit. Can't find anything on the Website regarding this so an update here would be appreciated