cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does the .bkf files a requirement for restoring from backup exec

mzahn001
Not applicable

I been some time since I have work with backup exec, and I wondering if the bkf files, are a requirement if I need to preform a restore from backup exec?

I are fill up my harddrive which locking up current Jobs.

Thanks

mike

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Donald_Eady
Level 6
Employee Accredited

Absolutely,

These files are needed to perform a restore in backup exec.. Unless you have duplicated the sets to tape "offsite" in which case you could inventory and catalog then restore from them. Also the BKF's should not be deleted from the storage location but rather through the console... What version of B.E. are you using

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Donald_Eady
Level 6
Employee Accredited

Absolutely,

These files are needed to perform a restore in backup exec.. Unless you have duplicated the sets to tape "offsite" in which case you could inventory and catalog then restore from them. Also the BKF's should not be deleted from the storage location but rather through the console... What version of B.E. are you using

teiva-boy
Level 6

BKF = Your data!  All backups to disk are made into these BFK's.

pkh
   VIP    Certified

You should adjust your OPP so that you are overwriting the older .bkf files at the correct so that your disk does not fill up.  Do read the Media Management chapter in the Admin Guide which can be found in the BE installation directory.