cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Domain Controller and Exchange IS store backup to disk fails

dwynne
Level 3
Hi,

I have backupexec on 2 servers one being a new server with an array and tape drive.  I copied all the jobs manually from the first server and am using the same login account which has the necessary domain rights.  The tape drive can make backups of DC's and Exchange with no issue.  I am having issues backing up to an Excel Meridian Securstor XRS array.  Initially I could not backup to the array using backup to disk folders at all.  Although the drive appears in windows and BE fine.  I had to change the b2d advance properties page to not auto detect device settings and enabled buffered reads and buffered writes for it to wrok at all with BE.  I can backup the system state of servers except for domain controllers.  The Exchange backup does not run as well.  Note that these same jobs run fine to tape which is using the same scsi card. I can run the DC systate backup to disk to my system drive on the BE server fine. 

I have contacted the securstor company but of course they say it is BE and not the array.  That is hard to argue since the array can be used for everything but the sysstate and exchange store backups.

The basic error for both jobs is below. 

Job ended: Thursday, March 13, 2008 at 1:32:06 AM
Completed status: Failed
Final error: 0xe0008488 - Access is denied.
Final error category: Security Errors

For additional information regarding this error refer to link V-79-57344-33928

Errors
Click an error below to locate it in the job log
Backup- \\Server\Microsoft Information Store\First Storage Group V-79-57344-33928 - Access Denied. Cannot backup directory Mailbox Store (XMAIL) and its subdirectories.

V-79-57344-33928 - Access Denied. Cannot backup directory Public Folder Store (XMAIL) and its subdirectories.

0 REPLIES 0