cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Domino Agent 9.0.1 FP4

cmpaqu
Level 3

I am trying to backup my Domino 9.0.1 FP4 environment with Backup Exec 15 and am encountering the following error when running the backup to disk - 

Backup- Domino Databases on D:An inconsistency was encountered on the storage media in SPMTRPBK001-ND-A.
V-79-57344-33994 - The data being read from the media is inconsistent.

It has completed successfully on rare occasion and incrementals seem to go fine. Since Domino 9.0.1 FP4 is not on SCL Symantec has refused to help. I am not certain however that this is even and a Domino specific issue. If I do not run a verify I see the full backup set, and then am able to restore from it for the databases I have attempted. 

This is very frustrating - how can Backup Exec not support a critical security fix for Domino that has been out for over a year and a half? Anyone able to successfully backup Domino 9.0.1HF 4 running Windows 2012 R2 x64?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Colin_Weaver
Employee Accredited Certified

I have received confirmation that we have not done any official testing of Domino versions higher than 9.0.0, hence we cannot officially support 9.0.1

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

VJware
Level 6

What type of disk is this ? Local or remote ?

Two common causes of verify errors are - Network and Storage Media.

Also, this may be a Domino specific issue as outlined in TECH223831 and as such SCL compatibility does make a difference.

As per the above KB, try changing the registry value on the Domino Server to 1 of HKLM\SOFTWARE\Symantec\Backup Exec For Windows\Backup Exec\Engine\Domino\DAOS listnlo mode

Service restart may be required for the changes to take effect and pls note, this is just a best-effort attempt and modifying the reg key may work or not.

Colin_Weaver

I don't think we officially support Domino 9.0.1, the SCL stops at 9.0 (where if you look at 8.5 in the same SCL we do individually list the 8.5.3 etc)

I cannot open the public version of TECH223831 and I believe we intended to pull all articles that imply support for Domino versions higher than 9.0.0 which may be why. I will check the status of this TECH.

Colin_Weaver

I have received confirmation that we have not done any official testing of Domino versions higher than 9.0.0, hence we cannot officially support 9.0.1

rbutterworth
Level 0

I ended up building a new Domino server as a replication push target for all databases.  I left this on Domino 9.0 and denied users any login access from Notes to it, then I back it up.  Admittedly this means I could drop the Domino support from Backup Exec and use some other better product now, as with it on a dedicated Domino server there's no barrier to shutting Domino down overnight and backing up the files directly.

Interestingly, I can't find any mention of Domino for Backup Exec 16, so perhaps this is the end of the line for support from BE (or perhaps it is just so seldom requested that they don't bother mentioning it)...

Colin_Weaver

Domino support has been dropped from BE 16

There are details of the EOL status in the SCL for BE 15 (Retiring soon sections at end of the SCL documents)