cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Domino Agent skipping NSF on Backup Exec 12

ang
Level 2

Just purchased and installed Backup Exec 12 and we just want to use it backup another Domino server with Domino agent installed. In the backup job we select the Domino NSF object, not file-based ones.

However we saw that it is skipping a few NSF files with an error msg like that shown below:

Backup- SERVER01.ATECH.CORP.LOCAL|D:
The item SERVER01.ATECH.CORP.LOCAL|D:\Data\LEAVE\mary.nsf in use - skipped.

Job ended: Saturday, July 05, 2008 at 10:34:13 AM
Completed status: Failed
Final error: 0xe00084b8 - An error occurred during backup. See the job log for details.
Final error category: Job Errors

For additional information regarding this error refer to link
V-79-57344-33976

Directory \
Directory \Data

Directory \Data\LEAVE
The item SERVER01.ATECH.CORP.LOCAL|D:\Data\LEAVE\mary.nsf in use - skipped.
This database is currently being used by someone else.  In order to share a Notes database, all users must use a Domino Server instead of a File Server.

We are using Backup Exec 12 SP1 and all are fresh installs.

Could anyone please advise??

5 REPLIES 5

Wocka
Level 2

Hello I'm having the exact same issue.

Did you find a solution to this?

My Lotus Aent will backup files on the Domino server, but it failes when selected via the file based backups.

Cheers

ang
Level 2

To be honest it is not the same.....the problem that I am having is not will file-based backup but with Notes backup only. It appears to be that the backup is very inconsistent and i cannot tell definitely by when a notes Database object will be skipped by the process when it says "it is in use and shared by other". To me it is really annoying as i want to back it up while Lotus Domino is still running - and this is exactly the reason why I pay and bought the Domino agent.

So far I haven't heard back from Symantec Support regarding this issue and I am really somehow disappointed on the level of service they provided.

Cheers,

anthony

Wocka
Level 2

Hello,

This is very similar to my issues.

This is what I get in my Job Log:

The item ServerName|C:\WINDOWS\ServicePackFiles\i386\pscript.ntf in use - skipped.File does not existThe item ServerName|C:\WINDOWS\SoftwareDistribution\Download\7c205249e4e58548a01567c8dc12d1b5\pscript.ntf in use - skipped.File does not existThe item ServerName|C:\WINDOWS\system32\spool\drivers\w32x86\3\pscript.ntf in use - skipped.File does not exist

The files do exist when I go through Windows explorer, so they are there.

When I say these are file based backups, as you can see from my location they are not in the "Domino Data" directory, these files have nothing to do with Domino at all. But the Domino agent is trying to back them up because they are .NTF .NSF files. The  ServerName|C: shows that the Domino agent is trying to Access the files.

I can see that the files have been backed up as part of the file based agent as it sweeps the C: drive, but when the Domino agent comes around it can't access them? Looks like I have to tell the Domino agent not to backup these 3 files. This is strange as this has only started to occur with the uprade to V12.

I have checked the Job Logs from V11 and we weren't backing up those files via the Domino Agent, even though I selected the c: drive from under the Domino Agent selection. I have now de-selected this folder to remove the error as the files are bein protected via the file based agent.

Cheers

Jeroen_Camstra
Level 2

Wocka, These aren't Lotus Domino files, but Windows files with coincidentally the same extension.

Only backup real Domino files (those in the Domino Data folder) with the agent, not the entire harddisk.

AdStar
Level 3

Same issue here..

I've noticed that my weekly full backup work fine it doesn't skip any files.

But the daily incrementals fail on skipped database files..

Backup- 192.168.1.72|D:
File 192.168.1.72|D:\Lotus\Domino\data\certsrv.nsf is in the backup selection list but was not found.
File 192.168.1.72|D:\Lotus\Domino\data\cldbdir.nsf is in the backup selection list but was not found.
File 192.168.1.72|D:\Lotus\Domino\data\names.nsf is in the backup selection list but was not found.

Anyone gotten anywhere to solve this problem?

Message Edited by AdStar on 07-24-2008 05:03 PM