cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Domino Transaction Log backups with BExec 2010

davewingrave
Level 3

Hi

I have just enabled Transactional Logging on one of our Domino servers and I am a little confused with the backup procedure!

We run full backups every night so, from reading other posts and info, I don't think I have to change anything on my backup as each DB (if it gets a new DBIID on restart) is a complete backup.

However do I need to backup the \LOGDIR\ folder where the transactions are stored??  This is my query!

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4

VJware
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Provided archive logging is enabled, transaction logs are automatically included when you backup the domino databases...

davewingrave
Level 3

Thanks, when I select the settings for Lotus Domino and choose Full - Backup Database & Loggs - Reset Archive Bit, I assume this enables archive logging???

VJware
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Actually no, archive logging is to be enabled in Domino...best to consult the IBM documentation on how to do this..

Saurabh_Gupta
Level 4
Employee

I assume you have already enabled Transaction Logging on Domino server. If this is archived style logging, the logs in log folder will be automatically backed up irrespective of whether you choose Full, Differential or Incremental backup method.

Further, you may like to explore Backup Exec Administrator's Guide about "Mark archive logs for recycling" option for your Differential or Incremental backups.

Hope this helps.