cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Downgrade remote agent Linux

usersky
Level 4
Sorry, I want to know how to downgrade remote agent for Linux from 12.5 to 12.0.
I got license key for 12.5, is it the same for 12.0 too? If I want to get 12.0.

Because I have bought a remote agent for Linux 12.5 that unable to use on my backup server which version is 12.0. Hence, I need to use remote agent for Linux 12.0 to liaise with my backup server 12.0.

Should I contact the vendor who sell me this agent for support?
Or I able to download the remote agent 12.0 from symantec website.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

nhej-
Level 5
Employee

Hi,

Try to install the license key for agent for linux 12.5 to activate your ralus 12.0. I believe the license key for Ralus 12.5 is backwards compatible to ralus 12.0. If its still doesnt work, try contacting the Technical Department team of symantec at 1-800-634-4747 option or Licensing team at 1-800-721-3934 for you to be further assisted..

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

SystemsAdminAS
Level 5
Usersky,

To my knowledge there is no way to downgrade the RALUS agent, nor to remove any applied hotfixes - do you still have the original installation media for 12.0?

Also to my knowledge if you bought a license for a 12.5 agent recently (as Symantec might not be selling 12.x licenses currently) this should give you rights to use an earlier version (12.0).  However, you will in fact need to use the 12.0 agent with your BE server.  Head to this site and put in your BE serial:

http://fileconnect.symantec.com/

I would run the uninstallralus script from your installer files, obtain the 12.0 RALUS agent installer and install it using the installralus script.

Also, looks like there are two hotfixes for that agent each for x86 and x64 versions:

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/downloads.jsp?pid=15047

Just change the version to 12.0 and platform to 'Linux'

usersky
Level 4

I still got the original media 12.0

I got see other posts, say that you can get the license key and software for remote agent for linux 12.0, if you contact the symantec support. Is it true?

But what is the contact number as I unable to find which is the one?

Colin_Weaver
Employee Accredited Certified
The 12.5 serial number for RALUS should still be able to enable RALUS support on a 12.0 Media Server - then you just install the 12.0 binaries on your Linux system. Have you tried entering the number into your media server to see if it accepts it?

usersky
Level 4
I still trying to find remote agent for Linux 12.0 to download. Once I able to find it, I will input 12.5 license key to see whether it can work on 12.0 or not?

nhej-
Level 5
Employee

Hi,

Try to install the license key for agent for linux 12.5 to activate your ralus 12.0. I believe the license key for Ralus 12.5 is backwards compatible to ralus 12.0. If its still doesnt work, try contacting the Technical Department team of symantec at 1-800-634-4747 option or Licensing team at 1-800-721-3934 for you to be further assisted..