Level 6

I tried downloading Backup exec 2012_14_Sp1 from file connect

There are 5 files

3 MultiPlatforms_Multilingual.zip’s

Backup_Exec_2012_14.0_SP1_MultiPlatforms_Multilingual.zip.1of2        14.0 SP1

Backup_Exec_2012_14.0_SP1_MultiPlatforms_Multilingual.zip.2of2        14.0 SP1

Backup_Exec_2012_14.0_SP1_MultiPlatforms_Multilingual.zip.cmd         14.0 SP1

And 2 SP1_Recovery_Disk_32bit and 64_bit

So I downloaded the file to a directory and it seems all 3 files are the same name and over write each other?

Backup_Exec_2012_14.0_SP1_MultiPlatforms_Multilingual.zip.zip?

So I downloaded each file to a new directory and renamed each file extension like on the download page .zip.1of2 and .zip.2of2 and .zip.cmd then I copied all file to a new directory and tried to un zip and I get error not archive file?

Don’t know what to do next so I called support

They told me to rename the first file to .ISO I asked what about the other 2 files he didn’t know and decided to escalate the issue and sent me to support and they will call

Can’t they just have some instruction on the down load page?

Oh yes I did rename Backup_Exec_2012_14.0_SP1_MultiPlatforms_Multilingual.zip.1of2

To Backup_Exec_2012_14.0_SP1_MultiPlatforms_Multilingual.iso

And got garbage not readable disk!

I Know this is a multi part zip that must be recreated but how Please give some instructions

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Sush---
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

There is clear instructions on the Fileconnect which I think you have missed it. Check the highlighted part in the attached screenshot from Fileconnect and perform the instructions:

All Backup Exec 2012 product files and components are listed below. In order to obtain the complete Backup Exec 2012 image, download the following files to the same directory:
Backup_Exec_2012_14.0_SP1_MultiPlatforms_Multilingual.zip.1of2
Backup_Exec_2012_14.0_SP1_MultiPlatforms_Multilingual.zip.2of2
Backup_Exec_2012_14.0_SP1_MultiPlatforms_Multilingual.zip.cmd

After downloading the files, combine them by double-clicking Backup_Exec_2012_14.0_SP1_MultiPlatforms_Multilingual.zip.cmd. The files will be combined to form the full DVD image. Use a DVD authoring tool to burn the ISO to a physical DVD which you can use to install the product.

Download ALL FILES IN ONE FOLDER.

Thanks,

-Sush...

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Kiran_Bandi
Level 6
Partner Accredited

This is the command we use to combine NetBackup image: copy /b "NetBackup_7.1_Win_zip.1of2"+"NetBackup_7.1_Win_zip.2of2" "NetBackup_7.1_Win.zip"

Try in the same manner. Run the command from directory where you have 1 of 2 and 2 of 2 zip files.

You can download the software in a single click (Not multi part) from here: https://www4.symantec.com/Vrt/offer?a_id=133703  (This is just BE 2012 doesn't include any SP)

EDIT: Have you seen the page from where you started downloading the product. Instructions to download and combine the files is clearly mentioned there. Quoting from there:

"All Backup Exec 2012 product files and components are listed below. In order to obtain the complete Backup Exec 2012 image, download the following files to the same directory:

After downloading the files, combine them by double-clicking Backup_Exec_2012_14.0_SP1_MultiPlatforms_Multilingual.zip.cmd. The files will be combined to form the full DVD image. Use a DVD authoring tool to burn the ISO to a physical DVD which you can use to install the product."

Sush---
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

There is clear instructions on the Fileconnect which I think you have missed it. Check the highlighted part in the attached screenshot from Fileconnect and perform the instructions:

All Backup Exec 2012 product files and components are listed below. In order to obtain the complete Backup Exec 2012 image, download the following files to the same directory:

After downloading the files, combine them by double-clicking Backup_Exec_2012_14.0_SP1_MultiPlatforms_Multilingual.zip.cmd. The files will be combined to form the full DVD image. Use a DVD authoring tool to burn the ISO to a physical DVD which you can use to install the product.

Download ALL FILES IN ONE FOLDER.

Thanks,

-Sush...

Linas
Level 6

Thanks I tried that

I follow instruction on Download page but it is wrong can not download files to “same Directory” 

“Symantec Backup Exec 2012 - Multilingual  

Important Instructions for Downloading Backup Exec™ 2012:

Backup_Exec_2012_14.0_SP1_MultiPlatforms_Multilingual.zip.cmd”

Because all files have the same name?

All three files named Backup_Exec_2012_14.0_SP1_MultiPlatforms_Multilingual.zip.zip

I renamed the files as above in are all in same folder

But not working

After redownloading the cmd file and rename to .zip.cmd it worked this time

Thanks

NO Credit to Symantec Support TWO call's from support and they couldn’t figure it out

The second support guy had me download the evaluation version without SP1 I got that also

I heard bad things about 2012 without SP1 so wanted the new version