cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Download Now! Gold Build of Backup Exec 2012

Turls
Level 6

The gold build of Backup Exec 2012 is now available for immediate download as part of the First Availability program. If you have maintenance for Backup Exec (or are a partner) then you can sign-up using the following link:

Backup Exec 2012 - First Availability

Please read this BLOG for more information.

7 REPLIES 7

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

...thanks for the notification Swathi! Busy with it now smiley

Mike_D_CCS
Not applicable
Partner

On it and have it installed, I was in the beta I like a lot of the features, but it still needs a global job monitor view. I'm currently using it to run a DR and cannot see all my restroe task without drilling down into each server or tape drive.

:(

Mike

CraigV

Mike: Head on over to the Ideas section below and add it in as an Idea...

https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/backup-and-archiving/ideas

condor21467
Level 2

If we install Backup Exec 2012 GOLD, and have a current Backup Exec support contract, will we be able to upgrade the GOLD version to the first official PRODUCTION version?

I'm installing it on our new BackupExec-dedicated server and considering just going production with it.  

If there is an upgrade path from GOLD to PRODUCTION, then I won't have to wait before going Live with it.

Thank you!

Kopfjager
Level 5
Employee Certified

The GOLD version is pretty much the production version.  You might see a update or two come through LiveUpdate but it is not expected for FA users to have to do an upgrade of GOLD.

Grand
Level 4

Where can we read about new features in 2012?

I'm specifically interested in a suggestion which was posted in the Ideas forum a while ago, and I believe was commented on by a Symantec rep, regarding restoring Exchange email directly to a PST without a need for the domain, server, database, mailbox, etc., that were originally used for the backup.

CraigV