cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drive Selection

mda708
Level 4

Hi i am trying to take backup of Window Server 2008 R2, In the Drives Selection I am able to see the drives which were
USB devices(drives) that were connected earlier to the server, and my backups are failing, how do i delete those drives and guide me how to 
take the backup. Please do refer the attachment, the drives G,H,K,L  were removable devices.

17 REPLIES 17

AmolB
Employee Accredited Certified

Click on the "Selection Details" tab and remove the drives which are no more available.

VJware
Level 6

If the above doesn't help, try removing and then re-adding the server to the Backup & Restore tab.

mda708
Level 4

I have tried all these , is any way do it in registries on that server and then adding the server in backupexec

pkh
   VIP    Certified

registries???  You got to explain in more detail on what you are trying to do.

When you add the server, just select the server.  Don't select the individual drives.  This way when the USB drive is unplugged, they would be automatically deleted from the selection list.

mda708
Level 4

I have reinstalled the agent and now its fine, Earlier i tried to exclude the drives but i was not able to. now i  am able to exclude the drives from selection list

mda708
Level 4

I am facing same issue please do refer attachments

pkh
   VIP    Certified
Recreate your selection list

mda708
Level 4

I recreated the selection list also

VJware
Level 6

If possible, re-attach the USB drives, make the backup selection by selecting the server and then excluding these USB drives. Once they are excluded from the selections, unplug the drives and re-run the backup job.

mda708
Level 4

i think it could not be drives issue may be i feel the backupexec agent is not able to connect to SQL server of the remote server.

The account which i am using for backupexec is domain admin and with this account i have installed the agent on the remote server ,and on the remote server i have given rights for this account in SQL (SQL 2012)

Any more changes guide me.

VJware
Level 6

Could you post the failed job log pls.

mda708
Level 4

Unable to attach to remoteserver\SQLInstance
V-79-57344-33932 - Unable to attach to a resource.  Make sure that all selected resources exist and are online, and then try again.  If the server or resource no longer exists, remove it from the selection list. Edit the selection list properties, click the View Selection Details tab, and then remove the resource.

VJware
Level 6

If the job log contains the unable to attach to a SQL instance, then the USB removable drives don't seem to be the cause of the backup failure.

Do ensure remote connections to the SQL instance (named pipes, tcp/ip) are enabled. Provide rights to the BE account per this KB too - http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH143879

mda708
Level 4

I have tested by assigning all the roles in SQL server, should i uncheck AOFO and see ,

VJware
Level 6

Uncheck AOFO and enable remote connections to SQL as well.

mda708
Level 4

i did it and i am facing same issue ,i wil enable named pipes and tcp/ip (cliconfig) tomorrow and let you know

VJware
Level 6

Do ensure to restart the SQL instance once you enable Named Pipes and TCP/IP for the changes to take effect.