cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drive Tasks - Clean is grayed out - 10d ver 10.1 Rev.5629 SP4

Faison
Level 3

Hello,

I have setup two different Cleaning slots and neither one will let me select clean in the left task bar.  Is there any other way to setup a clean job?  Can this be fixed?

Thanks!

10 REPLIES 10

VJware
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Is a cleaning tape present in the cleaning slot ?

EDIT**** Cleaning jobs are not available for stand-alone drives...only for autoloaders / robotic libraries...

Faison
Level 3

I have put 2 cleaning tapes in 2 different slots - neither one lets me select clean from Drive Tasks

VJware
Level 6

Have you confirmed the Properties of those slots & ensured they are ticked as cleaning slots ?

Faison
Level 3

I checked cleaning slot on slot 2 and inserted tape but clean was still grayed out so I inserted tape in slot 7 and then clicked cleaning slot and clean is still grayed out.

VJware
Level 6

Check if "Maximum number of cleaning" is set to an appropriate number...Also, as an alternative try using bemcmd for cleaning...

P.S - cant view the screenshot...

Faison
Level 3

Doesn't upload screen shot, but I do have Cleaning slot checked in both Slot Properties

Faison
Level 3

I put slot 7 at 150 maximum number of cleanings and slot 2 is at default with 20.  do you know of any online documentation for bemcmd script?

Kiran_Bandi
Level 6
Partner Accredited

15-20 cleanings per one cleaning catridge is max.... 

Have you tried cleaning the drives from web console of library? 

Regards....

VJware
Level 6

BEMCMD guide - http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH126925

Faison
Level 3

I'll check into this