cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Driver load failure 0x800F022F for SCSI\Sequential IBM ULTRIUM-HH6 D2DB The third-party INF does not contain digital signature information.

WFSICTManager
Level 2

Running BE 2012 (version 2014 rev 1798 64 bit) on Windows Server 2012 successfully until last night.

Job last night failed with 

Job ended: 04 April 2016 at 19:00:16
Completed status: Failed
Final error: 0xe000810c - Physical Volume Library Drive not available.

Windows updates applied yesterday, not sure if significant. Not aware of any other changes.

BE 2012 up to date according to Liveupdate.

Attempts to reload Symantec Device drivers now failing with...

Removing the IDR CD-ROM burner driver (drvmcdb.sys) association for tape drives.
Updating Symantec inf file
Installing Symantec "halfinch.sys" for "SCSI\SequentialIBM_____ULTRIUM-HH6_____D2DB"
Driver load failure 0x800F022F for SCSI\SequentialIBM_____ULTRIUM-HH6_____D2DB
The third-party INF does not contain digital signature information.

What am I missing?

Many thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

WFSICTManager
Level 2

Hi Larry,

having carried out the above, rebooted the server and tape drive recognised again.

Thanks for your help.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Larry_Fine
   VIP   

BE 2012 isn't supported as a media server using Windows Server 2012.

Windows updates applied yesterday, not sure if significant. Not aware of any other changes.

It might be significant it it tried to install IBM tape drivers for you.  I would suggest using Windows Device Manager to remove AND DELETE any IBM drivers found.

Windows Server 2012 and up do not need traditional tape drive drivers.  Please see the introduction of the HCL for more details in the section "Some notes about drivers:"

www.backupexec.com/compatibility

WFSICTManager
Level 2

Hi Larry, thanks for the quick response. I'm worried that a solution that has been working for 2.5 years is not supported!! 

I'll let you know how I get on.

WFSICTManager
Level 2

Hi Larry,

I used Device Manager to remove tape drive and driver.

Then used Device Manager to scan for hardware changes.

Used BE to install Symantec Driver and get.

Removing the IDR CD-ROM burner driver (drvmcdb.sys) association for tape drives.
Updating Symantec inf file
Installing Symantec "halfinch.sys" for "SCSI\SequentialIBM_____ULTRIUM-HH6_____D2DB"
Driver load failure 0x800F022F for SCSI\SequentialIBM_____ULTRIUM-HH6_____D2DB
The third-party INF does not contain digital signature information.

Installation is not complete.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Larry_Fine
   VIP   

Used BE to install Symantec Driver and get.

Per the HCL, BE on Windows Server 2012 doesn't use those drivers anymore.  Exactly how are you getting BE to install Symantec drivers?  Tapeinst.exe shouldn't even exist on your system, unless that is related to it being upsupported or some sort of upgrade?

WFSICTManager
Level 2

Hi Larry,

having carried out the above, rebooted the server and tape drive recognised again.

Thanks for your help.

Colin_Weaver
Employee Accredited Certified

Please be aware you should still plan to upgrade to a newer BE version ASAP, as your environment is offically unsupported even if you can see if working at this current time.