cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Duplicate Job does not start

Markus_Schmid
Level 3
After changing the "Primary SAN SSO Master" and applying a new "Media Server configuration file" Duplicate Jobs does no longer start to run after the corresponding Source Jobs completes. Even if I create a new source job and link a new duplicate job to it, the newly created duplicate job does not start. There is no error message, the duplicate seems to be ignored by Backup Exec.
12 REPLIES 12

Gauri_Ketkar
Level 6
Hi,

-Have you created this duplicate job with Policy ?

Please explain the environment setup in detail !

Update us on the same and revert for any further Query
Hope this will help you

Thank you
Gauri

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked "assumed answered" and would be moved to "answered questions" pool.

Markus_Schmid
Level 3
The Duplicate Job has not been created by Policy.
We have 9 media servers, one of them is the Primary SAN SSO Master.
Every day every server performs a full backup to disk and a duplicate job (following the disk job) then writes to tape (PowerVault 132T). We only have troubles with one server after changing its SAN master. Since this change Duplicate Jobs are no more working. Also clearing all jobs and recreate them is not helping to get duplicate jobs working.

Ajit_Kulkarni
Level 6
Hello Markus,

Is there any alert created when the duplicate backup job does not start ?

Are there any errors in Event logs ?

Is there any another backup job running at the time of starting of the duplicate job ?

Kindly update.

Regards

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked "assumed answered" and would be moved to "answered questions" pool.

Markus_Schmid
Level 3
Hello

There is no alert, no eventlog entry, nothing!
There are 7 other server that are performing a backup in this SAN SSO domain within the same timeframe (22.30 - 06.00).
I saw that Duplicate Jobs basically are not listed in the output of the cmd "bemcmd -o506". Why? Is this information stored on the SAN SSO Master DB?

Thanks, Markus

Gauri_Ketkar
Level 6
Hi,

All ADAMM related Information every secondary server queries to Primary Server in SAN Environment !!

You can try running repair DB once and check the Performance
http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/265180.htm

Update us on the same and revert for any further Query
Hope this will help you

Thank you
Gauri

Markus_Schmid
Level 3
A repair did not work, see below...
Does your answer mean, that Duplicate Jobs are stored in ADAMM database and that's why I do not see these jobs with bemcmd -o506?

-------------------------------------------------------------------
Starting database repair.
Stopping Services
Stopping services for server:J3000SRV002MGMT.
Server:J3000SRV002MGMT, Service:BackupExecJobEngine stopped successfully or was not running.
Server:J3000SRV002MGMT, Service:BackupExecRPCService failed to stop.
Error: (1051) - A stop control has been sent to a service that other running services are dependent on.

Server:J3000SRV002MGMT, Service:BackupExecDeviceMediaService failed to stop.
Error: (1051) - A stop control has been sent to a service that other running services are dependent on.

Stopping Services for server J3000SRV002MGMT completed with errors.
Starting Services
Database repair for server J3000SRV002MGMT ended with errors.
-------------------------------------------------------------------

Shilpa_pawar_2
Level 6
Hi,

Kindly follow the steps as mentioned:

1. Stop all Backup Exec Services on the secondary server.

2. On the Primary server now perform the following steps:
- Check database consistency
http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/276073.htm -

- On the same page in beutility - carry out the - age database, rebuild indices and compact database functions.
- Once done perform a database repair
http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/265180.htm

Brian_Nordmann
Level 3
I am having the exact same issue and just opened a case via DirectAssist... unless someone else here has already solved this issue, I'll post back with the solution.

Markus_Schmid
Level 3
I could fix the problem by changing back to the old SAN SSO Master and afterwards changing again to the new Master. It now works but I don't know why.

Shilpa_pawar_2
Level 6
Hi,

Please update us on the issue!

Brian_Nordmann
Level 3
Veritas had me do this:

Create a new device pool by right-clicking "Device Pools" in the Device tab. In this device pool add all of your tape drives. (I had a device pool called "All Devices" which had all of my tape drives and BU2D folders, etc.

Then take the duplicate jobs and target them to this pool.

This seemed to work for me. Although I have gotten responses from Veritas in the past that seem to work for 2-3 days and then it breaks again (ie: "Are you doing this via policy? If so, do it outside of a policy" or, "Are you not doing this via policy? Then do it in a policy." <-- that seems to be a typical Veritas solution when things stop working after a few days even though they worked fine and then just stopped suddenly. Sorry this last part was just a rant :)

Amruta_Bhide
Level 6
Hello Brain,
If that seemed to work for you, can we go ahead and close this post?

Note : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked �assumed answered� and would be moved to �answered questions� pool.

Thanks.