cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Duplicate Jobs (Disk to Tape)

Carole_Grayson
Level 3
Is there any way to get the Disk to Tape to overwrite the tape without generating a prompt? The Duplicate job started as scheduled after the target job (Full Backup), but then sat there waiting for someone to say "Yes it is ok to overwrite this media." Any way to override media protection on the tapes?
7 REPLIES 7

tmcquaig
Level 4
Set the overwrite protection on that media set to always allow overwrite?

Carole_Grayson
Level 3
OK, I will look at that and let you all know how it goes, most of my test run is over, but we are seriously looking at making a switch from arcserve, the test went really well.

tmcquaig
Level 4
Switch from Arcserve to Backup Exec?

Haven't used Arcserve in years.. Since my novel days. And novel has been off of my resume for years..

I'm about to switch off of backup exec.

shweta_rege
Level 6
Hello Carole,

- Could you please Update us on the issue....

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answered
and would be moved to answered questions pool.

Carole_Grayson
Level 3
Are you switching to Arcserve, Trace? We are struggling with Arcserve, and it is not that big or complicated of a network - 6 servers, including one Exchange server and a media storage device, a couple of tape drives....

tmcquaig
Level 4
I'm switching to Tivoli Storage Manager.

shweta_rege
Level 6
Hello,

- Could you please Update us on the issue...

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answered
and would be moved to answered questions pool.