cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Duplicate backup sets with same ID

deeroad
Level 3

Backup Exec 2014: Storage - device - Backup Sets.  Scroll few pages down and then list disappears and error is shown:

"Load failed ... The queried backup sets contain two backup sets with the same ID."

Suggestions how to fix?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

w-d
Level 4
Employee Accredited Certified

Follow these steps and confirm if that helped:

1. open command line on Backup Exec server and go to the folder "C:\Program Files\Symantec\Backup Exec"

2. run the following command:

Catrebuildindex -r

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

VJware
Level 6

Is BE 2014 fully patched ? If yes, would recommend you to log a formal support case for us to investigate this further.

FECV
Level 2

I am also having this issue after upgrade from 2012. The only data store that i can view the sets out of 7 is one that was empty before the upgrade. May be a bug with the upgrade. I would think that their are a bunch of companies having this issue. Would be nice to have  KB posted on it.

Escape_be
Level 4
Partner Accredited

I have the same problem on my CAS server; it started after I manually duplicated a backup set from an MMS. I will log a case with support.

FECV
Level 2

Was forced to open a support case on this, as i believe it is preventing me from restoring some needed SQL databases. 

FECV
Level 2

Was told to to remove my catalog file and rebuild it from nothing. I have like 200TB of storage to inventory and catalog. So its going to take some time, but for now i can see my backup sets again.

MusSeth
Level 6
Employee Accredited

could you please post the snapshot of the error message and is this a new install or an upgrade from previous version of backup exec.

is this happening with all the servers you backup or with few servers.

w-d
Level 4

Follow these steps and confirm if that helped:

1. open command line on Backup Exec server and go to the folder "C:\Program Files\Symantec\Backup Exec"

2. run the following command:

Catrebuildindex -r

setejed
Level 2

Worked for me!

L-3_Dave
Level 2

W-D -- Thanks for sharing, this work perfectly.