cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Duplicate starts Normally, but cannot complete

gilagry
Level 4
I have been able to duplicate to tape our Exchange 2007 Server with no problems for a few months (even with GRT).

But all of a sudden, the duplicate job is failing.  It will start off normal, but after about 62GB of data duplicated, it appears to stop duplicating data.  The job rate is on an ever declining path and eventually after a day, the job just fails with the following error and the BE Services have stopped:

Click an error below to locate it in the job log
Duplicate- AUSEX1V-79-57344-65072 - The connection to target system has been lost. Backup set canceled.
V-79-57344-65072 - The connection to target system has been lost. Backup set canceled.

Verify- \\AUSEX1\Microsoft Information Store\First Storage GroupAn inconsistency was encountered on the storage media in DELL 2.
V-79-57344-33994 - The data being read from the media is inconsistent.

Duplicate- \\AUSEX1\System?StateSource backup set had completed with following error/exceptions.
V-79-57344-33994 - The data being read from the media is inconsistent.
Source backup set had completed with following error/exceptions.

I know some data is duplicated, because I can see the partial duplicated data when I go to the Restore tab.  I am able to do a B2D backup just fine and restore an individual message, but when I try to duplicate, it just won't complete.

I'm not sure why all of a sudden I am getting these errors, when I got it to backup Exchange 2007 perfectly previously.  I may have installed a hotfix since the last successful duplicate, but I can't imagine that being the cause of my troubles.

Help please!  This is driving me nutty.

2 REPLIES 2

Ben_L_
Level 6
Employee
You said that the beservice are stopping during the duplicate, which service is this?  Also can you check the event logs to see if there is an error to go along with the service stopping?

zebo51
Level 4
I just ran into something similar.  We upgraded to 11 and things were fine for awhile, then on one server of three exactly matching servers, the dups starting failing.  Stopping the removable storage service ended up fixing it for us.