cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Duplicate to cloud from a Backup set should disable Verify by default

Spencer_Simpson
Level 4

I've begun experimenting with duplicating disk backup sets to AWS.  I've already found that if you verify the backup set, you incur an egress cost, and understand that it's recommended that such duplicates not be verified (anyway, they were already verified when duplicated to disk).  

If you add a duplicate-to-cloud stage to a scheduled job, verification is disabled by default. This makes sense.   However, I've found when you create a duplicate-to-cloud job from a backup set (right-click on the backup set and select Duplicate from the menu), verify is enabled by default.

It shouldn't be hard for the wizard to detect if the Verify setting was changed manually when the storage type is selected, and if it wasn't changed, update its state to the correct default behavior.

3 REPLIES 3

RogRubin
Employee

Hi Spencer

Thank you very much for your feedback / suggestion.
I will pass your suggestion on to our development team who then will evaluate it.

Thank you 

RogRubin
Employee

Hi Spencer

Just to keep you in the loop - we are planning to have your suggestion implemented in BE 21.3

Thank you

There are no plans to address this issue by way of a patch or hotfix in the current or previous versions of the software at the present time. However, the issue is currently scheduled to be addressed in the next major revision of the product. Please note that Veritas Technologies LLC reserves the right to remove any fix from the targeted release if it does not pass quality assurance tests.  Veritas’ plans are subject to change and any action taken by you based on the above information or your reliance upon the above information is made at your own risk.

RogRubin
Employee

Hi Spencer,

We have now released BE 21.3 which includes your suggestion; when manually duplicating a backup set to a cloud device, verify will be automatically unchecked.

Thank you for reporting this issue / idea.