cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Duplicating Exchange differential fails the first time, every time

Smannesman_2
Level 3
We've got an Exchange differential back-up set up to run (almost) every night (done with policies) and duplicate it to tape after it's done. The back-up itself runs fine, but since the start of the week the duplicates are failing with the following messages:

V-79-57344-33029 - Error - Mount failed.
Invalid Physical Volume Library Media Identifier.

V-79-57344-33029 - Unable to acquire device for the specified pool and media
Invalid Physical Volume Library Media Identifier.

Before this week it succeeded every night. Nothing has changed in our configuration, not in Backup Exec or the hardware.
We've been able to duplicate it manually.. some of the times.
The back-up of the day before yesterday was impossible to get on tape, but when I manually ran another differential and manually duplicated that it worked. And today I could manually duplicate the policy created differential whilst the generated duplicate failed.
We really hope you can solve this.

Also, we can't duplicate incremental GRT Exchange back-ups to tape. But that seems to be a known issue.

5 REPLIES 5

Smannesman_2
Level 3
BUMP

Smannesman_2
Level 3
Now it's failing on regular (policy created) duplicates as well.
This time we got the following errors:

Final error: 0xe0009444 - The requested source duplicate backup sets catalog record could not be found.  Perhaps the media containing the source backup sets was previously deleted.

Unable to determine ADAMM media identification.  Catalog query failed.

About two weeks ago everything was working just fine.

Smannesman_2
Level 3
Well I'm glad to see my memories of Symantec support proven correct.

BUMP

pikes
Level 4

@Smannesman wrote:
Well I'm glad to see my memories of Symantec support proven correct.

BUMP

This isn't really a symantec support forum. It's more of a peer-to-peer discussion forum. There are some symantec employees that respond to posts every now and then, but if you want real support from them you'll have to pay for it.

Smannesman_2
Level 3