cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Duplicating backup sets from Managed Server deduplication storage to CASO deduplication storage

MF_Jones
Level 3

Hi all,

After my Backup Exec 15 (latest patch and sp) server failed and returned back to life, I installed another BE15 and enabled CASO (Central Administration Server Option). Now I need to duplicate some of the backup sets that reside on the old server (now managed server) to CAS. Both have deduplication option enabled and have dedup storages configured. Both can perform backups.

When I browse old server's dedup storage and select the needed backup set and select duplicate option, I see the new server's dedup storage. I select new server storage and start the process but it is stuck on "Ready; Backup Exec Server not available" on the job monitor tab. 

This is the screenshot of the job:

Capture.PNG

And here is the frustrating outcome;

Capture2.PNG

I have enabled private cloud out of despair on both server and ofcourse it did not do any good. Anyone have any idea?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Colin_Weaver
Employee Accredited Certified

Have you shared the CASO Deduplication Storage folder with the MBE/MMS (in the storage section of Backup Exec console on the CASO) 

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Colin_Weaver

Have you shared the CASO Deduplication Storage folder with the MBE/MMS (in the storage section of Backup Exec console on the CASO) 

MF_Jones
Level 3

Thanks for the reply Colin. After your referral, I have shared the dedup storage on the CASO server. The old server needed a service restart, after restart I was able to see the new dedup storage on the old server. Alo restarted the services of CASO. Unfortunately nothing has changed.

I used to create duplication jobs on the new server(CASO) which ended in "Ready; Backup Exec Server not available" error.  This time I tried to create the job on the old server since I was able to select the destination pointing to the new server's dedup folder.

I also shared old server's dedup storage over CASO, tried again but still no go! 

Colin_Weaver

OK so if that does not work (assuming you created a new job afterwards as well and did not edit the existing) then you may need to log a formal support case for assistance. (unless someone else on these community forums has an idea anyway)

MF_Jones
Level 3

Thanks Colin, I decided to restore all necessary data after much hours of trying stuff. Will backup to the new server.