cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Duplicating job from CASO to managed server - Backup Exec server not available

nadams
Level 2

In my environment I have 2 BE 15 servers. The CASO is in "Building A" and runs all the backup jobs to local Dedupe storage. The managed server is in "Building B" and doesn't run any jobs directly, but has its own local dedupe storage configured in BE. There is 10 gigabit fiber run between the buildings (private line on our own property).

What I'm trying to accomplish is to have the jobs run on the CASO as they are now, and then duplicate to the managed server's dedupe storage in case of a disaster at the main building (and/or failure of the CASO).

I have the managed server's dedupe storage being presented to the CASO, and it shows as online. I right-click on a completed job, and select duplicate. I then select the managed dedupe disk storage as the destination, and choose run now. The job enters a status of "Ready; Backup Exec server not available"

Any troubleshooting steps to figure out why this is happening? I already ran repair installs of BE on both servers, because previously the storage on the managed server was stuck in "Discovering devices". Doing the repair install fixed that problem. After that, I restarted the services on the CASO and everything is sitting at Online, yet the job still won't run.

Any help would be appreciated!

2 REPLIES 2

nadams
Level 2

One thing that I noticed is that if I go into an existing job and add a new stage to duplicate the data to deduplication storage, the storage on the managed server is not available. However, it is available to run the initial job to. Do I have to run the initial job to the other storage and then duplicate it BACK to the CASO?

Colin_Weaver
Employee Accredited Certified

Did you actually share the deduplication folder on the managed server with the CAS?

Bascially the deduplication folder will be visible in the config on the CAS (because the CAS is managing all servers) but you still have to share it (within Backup Exec)  to run a duplicate job to it.

In some (but not all) situations you may also need to define the managed server as a Private Cloud server