cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Duplication of dedup folders between 2 servers

BrianStudec
Level 2

Hello,

I want to use optimized deduplication between 2 servers.

In the documentation I just read:

"For client-side deduplication and Backup Exec server-side deduplication, you must configure one deduplication disk storage on the Backup Exec server from which you want to copy the deduplicated data. You must also configure one deduplication disk storage on the Backup Exec server to which you want to copy the deduplicated data."

So I have Server A and Server B.

My question is : is the dedup disk storage on the server (named "Server B") I want to copy the deduplicated data can be used by "Server B" himself for his own backups ? Or this dedup disk storage must be dedicated only for replicas backup of Server A ?

Thanks in advance

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

VJware
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Yes, the same dedup folder can be used by the CASO & MMS servers.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

VJware
Level 6

It can be used for that media server also for its backups. So both local and remote backups / duplicates are supported.

pkh
   VIP    Certified
The backups on each dedup folder can be used by both servers after they have been catalogued on each server. Also the dedup folders can be used for both backups from the attached server and duplicated backup sets from the other server

BrianStudec
Level 2

Thanks for your replies, so a dedup folder can be used by 2 servers ? There is no risk that one server erase or replace existant backup datas from other ?

VJware
Level 6

Yes, the same dedup folder can be used by the CASO & MMS servers.

BrianStudec
Level 2

Ok thanks.