cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Duplication to remote location and tape

sebastian_spann
Level 3

Hi,

after reading some possible solutions without getting it to work, i hope to get a working answer here...

our system-setup has two symantec backup exec servers 15 with direct attachted disks on to different locations. the server on location A is holding the CASO - the server on location B is configured as managed media server and has a connection to a tapelibrary. the two locations are connected through a stable lan connection.

we though it should be possible to run a backup of server located in location A to the local disks of the backupserver located in location A - after this operation completed we wanted to duplicate this backup two the second backupserver in location B to backup the data to tape in a third step.

in some postings we could find, that it is necessary to do this over deduplication disk storage on location A, then duplicate to deduplication disk storage ob location B etc. also it should be necessary to activate the private cloud feature on both servers.

- so i activated the private cloud on both servers

- added a deduplication disk storage on both servers, now it looks like this:

storage1.jpg

- now i tried to create a new backup-job on location A (backup to disk on location A, duplicate to disk on location B, duplicate to tape on location B)

- in the first step i selected the deduplication-storage on location A as target

step1.jpg

- now in the second step i can just choose targets on location A and not on location B as expected

step2.jpg

so, what i'am doing wrong? or is it just impossible to run such a scenario?

thanks a lot :)
Sebastian

3 REPLIES 3

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Where are your catalogs on the MMS stored? Locally, centralised, or replicated?

sebastian_spann
Level 3

It is set to "Central administration server (centralized)" and greyed out.

VJware
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Are the DeDupe devices shared between the servers ?