cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

E00084D

jrodger
Not applicable
Getting a hardware error when I try and back up (error Id above). I have images and files of the error, the error report, and a screen dump of the version. What is next in troubleshooting.

I can erase the tapes inventory them but as soon as I try backup I get the error.

Backup Exec 12.0 / ULTRIUM III Tape Library (4 - 8GB) cannot restart the server attached as it is primary file server. I can/will send the images if requested.

JR
2 REPLIES 2

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited
Hi JR,

Is Removable Storage disabled? If not, I'd suggest starting by stopping the service and disabling it.
Next up would be to try a small backup-to-disk to eliminate possible software issues. if it works, the problem lies with your library. If not, it's the software and we can take it from there.
However, you can also look at making sure you have the latest drivers for your version of BEWS, as well as making sure the software is patched and up-to-date.
What make of library is it? If HP, get hold of HP Library and Tape Tools (HP LTT) which will allow you to run diagnostics against the device, and update the firmware if necessary too.
Post the results here...

Laters!

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited
Hi JR,

Any news here?