cancel
Showing results forΒ 
Search instead forΒ 
Did you mean:Β 

E000FE30 - A communications failure has occurred in Backup Exec Error

adam3344
Level 2

Hi!

I'm trying to restore VM form Tape, backed up with Backup Exec 2010 13.0.

Full backup restores without any problem, there is problem when trying restore from Incremental backup

Restore Job properties: I'm using VMware redirection to ESXi 5.0 server.

Everything seems to work well at the begining, but after few minutes Byte Count stops, and Job rate successively goes down,

Tape Autoloader starts with daily (with incrementals) tape loading

after long time restore job are crashing with "0xe000fe30 - A communications failure has occurred"

Backups are encrypted

Problem is observed by me on 2 separate installations of Symantec Backup Exec,

Tape drivers from symantec are installed, VMware Converter are installed on that server also.

Im not using Backup Exec Granular Recovery Technology (GRT)

Device Name Created On Job Type Job Status Percent Complete Start Time End Time Elapsed Time Byte Count Job Rate Error Code
    HP 1 Central Administration Server Restore Failed   5/21/2012 2:47:25 PM 5/22/2012 12:56:41 AM 10:09:16 808,193,348 1.00 MB/min E000FE30  

Is there anyone having hot fix for that?

Image 1: Backup Exec log

Image 2: Esxi 5.0  (destination server ) - network performace 

Image 3: Windows Event log (event id: 1000)

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Hi,

I suspect your issue here might be because you're restoring to vSphere 5, which isn't supported on the BE 2010 SCL. Check the link below:

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH137682

You can try restoring the VM to a local disk, and then copying to the virtual centre is this is possible.

Thanks!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Hi,

I suspect your issue here might be because you're restoring to vSphere 5, which isn't supported on the BE 2010 SCL. Check the link below:

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH137682

You can try restoring the VM to a local disk, and then copying to the virtual centre is this is possible.

Thanks!

adam3344
Level 2

Most likely incompatibiliy with esxi 5.0 caused my issue. With R3 everything works fine. Thanks.