cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ERROR 1065 DB does not exist

Johnlex
Level 3
Hi,  I am installing backup exec 9.1 on an intel server and everything appears to install properly and the install in fact completes.  However, when I try to start the program it tells me it has not connected to the media server.  After looking into why I noticed the service for devices and media will not start.  The error the service returns is Error 1065 The database specified does not exist.  The BackupExec SQL server service has started and both dependent services MSSQL$BKUPEXEC and RPC have started.  Anyone have any ideas as to where I can look next or what the problem is?

John
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

shirmal
Level 5
hi john,
I have seen error 1065 occur on media servers after they have been running successfully for months. If Dev's method doesn't work,
Run the MDAC checker on the media server to fix mismatched dll's. If it also doesn't work, launch the Backup Exec "repair" option on the affected serve. This always fixes the 1065 problem.  In addition, all backup jobs & history will still be there.
Hope this helps

---Cheers

shirmal

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Dev_T
Level 6
Hello,

Here is the solution:

http://support.veritas.com/docs/274119

shirmal
Level 5
hi john,
I have seen error 1065 occur on media servers after they have been running successfully for months. If Dev's method doesn't work,
Run the MDAC checker on the media server to fix mismatched dll's. If it also doesn't work, launch the Backup Exec "repair" option on the affected serve. This always fixes the 1065 problem.  In addition, all backup jobs & history will still be there.
Hope this helps

---Cheers

shirmal