cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ESO License Query

Pranav1981
Level 3

HI Team,

I have one ESO license per site. I want SAN based backup of my all servers to central FC tape library, does Managed media server license is included in the ESO or i need to purchase it separately for each MMS those required SAN based backup.for Agent I am clear that i should purchase it for separaely but for MMS license guide is not clear.

Regards,

Pranav Trivedi

3 REPLIES 3

jurgen_barbieur
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited

you need an backupexec server license pper backup server (all mms servers and caso server). and your ESO license in needed per backupexec environment were you want to configure shared library / storage

have a look at the attached document. is based on bexec 2014, but still accurate.

Hi, 

Managed backup exec server component is the default feture of backup exec server at no adtional cost, please refer below link, as i understand that once i install CASO on BE servers it will allow me to push MBE from caso along with required Remote agent for LAN free backup. agent and options should purcahse seperatly but for MMS is the media server binarires which we need to push to remote server for LAN free backup. please share your input on this.

https://www.veritas.com/support/en_US/article.000108416

Colin_Weaver
Employee Accredited Certified

Can locally install the MBE server instead of pushing them and you should see my answer to your other post as well.