ESX 3.5 update 2

Just upgraded to 12.5 and installed the VCB framework on my only media server.

When i tried to run a backup of my virtual machines i get the following error:

Error: Failed to open the disk: Cannot access a SAN/iSCSI LUN backing this virtual disk. (Hint: If you are using vcbMounter you can use the option "-m ndb" to switch to network based disk access if this is what you want.) If you were attempting file-level access, stop the vmount Service by typing "net stop vmount2" on a command prompt to force vmount to re-scan for SAN LUNs and re-try the command.

So do i need to mount the iscsi volumes on the media server to allow it to acces them?

Not sure of whay my next step is here.

4 Replies
Highlighted

Re: ESX 3.5 update 2

Change the transport to NBD and run the backup again. 
Highlighted

That kind of worked.

Now I am getting a different error.

V-79-57344-38220 - Backup of the virtual machine 'SIMS' failed. VMware VCB framework reported the following error

Error: Failed to export the disk: There is not enough space on the file system for the selected operation

[2008-11-25 08:25:35.566 'vcbMounter' 4196 error] An error occurred, cleaning up...

I have sufficient space on both the destnation drive and my esx servers.

Is this referring to space on the media server?

I am not quite sure how the agent handles this.

Highlighted

Which server is acting as the VCB Proxy?  This is the server that needs additional disk space.

Highlighted

Yes the error message is indicating that Proxy server is running out of space. By default media server is configured to be the proxy server

Kindly follow this article

http://support.veritas.com/docs/312343