cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Easiest way to configure...

Level 2
I am using BE9.1 and two USB hard drives to backup my network. Between the drives there are twenty folders (one for eacy day of the week, in a four week rotation) which are all setup as backup-to-disk folders. I am looking for the simplest way to setup a backup routine that will perform a full backup every night and will still keep me in my four week rotation. The best that I have come up with is creating 20 jobs (one for each weekday of the four weeks) and having them run every 28 days. Does anyone have a better idea? My concern is being able to easily make changes to routine w/o having to make the change 20 times. Please give me some suggestions, or ask if you need more info.
7 REPLIES 7

Dave_Bunye
Level 6
Using the Overwrite protection settings on your media sets would accomplish what you need, unless you simply want 20 backup to disk folders for organizational reasons. The media set protection and rotation would probably get you what you want and you would then only need to make changes to the media sets.

Toni_Churchill
Level 3
I have resolved my problem.
Thanks

anoop_nair_2
Level 6
Issue resolved.

Level 2
Issue Not resolved. Please watch who is commenting.

Anyways... If I use the media protection, will it create another file the next day? I want to keep 4 weeks and 4 weeks only. Will it be able realize that it needs to overwite the file from 4 weeks ago after the media protection time expires?

Rohit_Sonawale
Level 6
Certified
Hi

> If I use the media protection, will it create another file the next day?

- Backup exec will create a new file only when, Overwrite job is performed and Overwrite protection period is still active, otherwise it will overwrite the exiting file.

> I want to keep 4 weeks and 4 weeks only. Will it be able realize that it needs to overwrite the file from 4 weeks ago after the media protection time expires?

- Yes, for that you need to certain changes as follows,

Tools - Options - Media Management - Select "Overwrite Recyclable media ... ... Before overwriting Scratch media"

You may also refer to the following technote's :

1. http://support.veritas.com/docs/237374

2. http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/192265

Hope this helps.

Please advice the result.Message was edited by:
Rohit Sonawale

Sheetal_Risbood
Level 6
Hello,

In reference to our previous reply to your post, we would request you to update us on the progress.

However, if we do not receive your intimation within two business days, this post would be 'assumed answered' and archived.

Thanks.

Sheetal_Risbood
Level 6
Archiving the post as per our previous reply