Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Editing job selection

ski_lake_erie
Level 2

Hello,

Backup exec 11d on Windows server 2003

We've had backup errors since before I started working my current job, so I'm attempting some cleanup. In the job log, I see a bunch of lines showing that it is attempting a backup of files from a non-existent server (I verified it was retired/decommissioned). I opened the job for editing, and in the Selections category, I don't see the server when I look at the "View by resource" tab. I'm not sure that's a problem, I could guess that it's showing me a resources list from Active Directory, which would not list that server anymore. Anyway, I can go to the "View selection details" tab, and there they are, a bunch of lines referencing stuff on the dead server. If I highlight one line, click the Delete button, the line disappears and at the bottom I see there's no Save or OK, but "submit". I click that, then get a new popup window titled "backup job properties: daily backup 02". This window has a list of files/folders in the Selections/resource order section but it doesn't list any servers at all. Below that there's a resource credentials section which lists servers, including the dead one. Below that, more details about the job. If I click the OK button at the bottom, does that make the edit I wanted? I cancel at this point because I'm not familiar with the interface.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

ski_lake_erie
Level 2

Good news is that there's no error about the dead server in the job log anymore. Bad news is that we've been getting an error message this week that still showed up. I didn't mention it in the first post because I wanted to take care of the dead server thing first, and was hoping this other, new error would go away. I'm gonna wait one more day and if necessary will create a new post.

This can be closed.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Larry_Fine
   VIP   

That sounds about right, but it has been awhile since I have touched that old a version.

You can post a screen shot if that would help.

You can also go in and edit the selection list, like you were doing in your post above.  That way you don't risk changing anything in the job itself, accidently.

ski_lake_erie
Level 2

I went through again and ok'd everything, so tomorrow I'll see how the backup went. I had to select each line referring to that server, there was no way to select a section. Couldn't control + click, couldn't click one then hold down shift and click on another to highlight everything in between. Odd.

ski_lake_erie
Level 2

Good news is that there's no error about the dead server in the job log anymore. Bad news is that we've been getting an error message this week that still showed up. I didn't mention it in the first post because I wanted to take care of the dead server thing first, and was hoping this other, new error would go away. I'm gonna wait one more day and if necessary will create a new post.

This can be closed.