cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Eject and Verify problem on new drive

Scott_Spearman
Level 3
Our old tape drive (a Dell Powervault 110T) started having problems and we replaced it with a new Quantum DLT VS80 drive. Everything is working ok except there seems to be a problem with Eject and Verify operations. When I run an eject operation in Backup Exec it stalls. Also, when I run a Backup with Verify, the backup completes and then the verify operation is stalled at 99% (but the tape is ejected). I have to cancel the job and sometime stop and start all Backup Exec services to get the software back to a normal state. Although I am confident that our backups are completing successfully, these problems are requiring my manual intervention everyday (beyond the normal switching of tapes).

I downloaded and installed the latest drivers for this tape drive.

Any ideas on things to try?

ScottSp64
6 REPLIES 6

Deepali_Badave
Level 6
Employee
Hello,

Verify that if there are any pending alerts.

also verify that device is not going offline during the backup job.

Make sure that you have inventoried the device before running the backup.

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answered and would be moved to answered questions pool.

Scott_Spearman
Level 3
Deepali,

Thanks for the help. I looked in the alerts and sure enough, there was an alert that said "Please remove the media from the drive and respond OK". The media was already ejected because that is configured in the backup settings. I just clicked OK on the alert and the job completed successfully.

This brings up one other question, before we replaced the old drive there was NO user intervention required and it just completed successfully and the tape was already ejected. How do I configure it to do that again where no user intervention is required?

Thanks

Scott

Ken_Putnam
Level 6
See http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/192055.htm to set up AutoResponses

priya_khire
Level 6
Hello Scott,

Do let us know if have configured the auto reponse to alerts as per the link sent by Ken and if the issue is resolved after that.

Revert if it persists.

Note : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked �assumed answered� and would be moved to �answered questions� pool.

Regards.

Scott_Spearman
Level 3
I have configured the auto-response and everything is working great now.

Thanks for y'all's help.

Scott

Shilpa_pawar_2
Level 6
Hi,

thanks for the update!

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked "assumed answered" and would be moved to "answered questions" pool.