cancel
Showing results forΒ 
Search instead forΒ 
Did you mean:Β 

Eject tape automatically after a job that contains 1 full and 4 incremental backups

Henk_Tittel
Level 2

Hi all,

Maybe this is already answerred in the past but I could not find it, if it is a double entry then my apologies upfront.

I am from local support and I support multiple countries and every country has at least 1 server running, all these servers are on the same schedule introduce by our storage team but also all have the same failure and the storage team is not able to resolve it, so I thought to raise an question here.

Recently  (4 weeks ago) the company moved away from daily full backups to 1 full backup and 4 incremental backups on the smaller remotely supported sites.

All servers run backup exec 2012 version 14.0 Rev. 1798 and all run the same schedule, 1 job created containing 1 full backup on Friday 10pm and 4 incremental backups on Monday to Thursday 11pm.

The tapes are swapped every Friday, so want we want to accomplish is that the tapes automatically eject after a succesfull Thusday backup, and here is the fault, currently it ejects after the Friday succesfull full backup, while the tape should not be ejected, I went into the schedule of the job and I found that the option eject after succesfull full backup was selected, so unchecking this option would prevent that, but when the storage team unchecked this option and enabled this option with the incremental backup it started to eject the tape after a succesfull incremental backup, so the question is, is it possible to have 1 job consisting 1 full backup on friday and 4 incremental backups on mon to Thursday and eject the tape after the Thursday backup?

Attached screenshots of the current setup

Kind regards,

Henk Tittel

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

pkh
   VIP    Certified

You need to create a separate incremental backup job for Thu. With the eject option enabled. For the other incremental backup job, disable the eject option.

BTW, BE 2012 is very old and you should be planning to upgrade to the latest version which is BE 16 when it is released in a few weeks time

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

pkh
   VIP    Certified

You need to create a separate incremental backup job for Thu. With the eject option enabled. For the other incremental backup job, disable the eject option.

BTW, BE 2012 is very old and you should be planning to upgrade to the latest version which is BE 16 when it is released in a few weeks time

Dear PKH,

Thank you for you quick reply and your answer sounds very logical to me, and I accepted it as solution for this question, I will forward this answer to our storage team, in order to implement it.

As for the old version, this is not up to me to change, but I will forward this to to the storage team, ususally when it concerns money, usually SCJ is not in a hurry to purchase :)

Kind regards,

Henk