cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email Notification setting drops from daily job after about a month

Steven_Verne_2
Not applicable
I have a single nightly job in v9.1 4691 that runs to backup my SBS 2003 server, including Exchange. I have a sinlge SMTP person setup in the Email Notification option. I get the emails on a daily basis fine.

About once a month, I stop getting the emails. I go into the Job Setup for that job and the Notification shows that no recipients are selected. I reselect a single person and press Submit and all if fine for another month.

There seesm to be no pattern. I can reboot the server and restart services and I cannot replicate the problem -- it just happens.

NOW for the fun. The exact same thing is now happening on my W2003 server with v10.0d installed.

I have deleted all backup jobs and re-created them - did not fix it.

Anyone seen this before and have a solution?
10 REPLIES 10

Joshua_Small
Level 6
Partner
Hi Steven,

I have seen this issue occr everytime daylight savings clicks over and the time changes (replicatable 100% of the time, every year, for every installation).

Does your problem coincide with this?

Guest_User
Level 4
>I have seen this issue occr everytime
>daylight savings clicks over

http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/268776.htm

Joshua_Small
Level 6
Partner
Thanks for the note guest.

The tech note says "We acknowledge the problem, but can't be bothered doing anything about it".

Great support that is.

Ashutosh_Tamhan
Level 6
Hello Joshua !

We would request you to wait for the next big release to see the issue resolved.
We cannot comment on the date of the next big release of BE. Thank you for your understanding.

Regards,
Ashutosh

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answered and would be moved to answered questions pool.

Joshua_Small
Level 6
Partner
Hi Ashutosh.

Please note I provide no "understanding" whatsoever regarding a problem which exists because of a bug in your product, which your staff are too lazy to fix.

tejashree_Bhate
Level 6
Hello,

You may also log an enhancement request from the below link

VERITAS E-mail Notification Service"

Note:- if we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be assumed answered and archived.

Pierre_COURTEHE
Not applicable
I have 3 customers with the same problem and I have to reselect the Notification one time by month ... tired to do this job and hard to explain to the customer -

Is there any chance to solve this problem with the service pack 4 ?

Thanks for your help

Gauri_Ketkar
Level 6
Hi Steven,

Notification settings can be configured so that specific users, printers, etc. can receive notification from certain job operations. When a recipient is defined and is being used, there will be a check box selected next to its name in the Notification setting dialog box. When a daylight savings time change occurs, the Notification check box can get cleared.

To resolve the issue, reselect the recipient check boxes after a time change occurs.

http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/268776.htm

Update us on the same and revert for any further Query
Hope this will help you

Thank you
Gauri

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked "assumed answered" and would be moved to "answered questions" pool.

Joshua_Small
Level 6
Partner
Hi Pierre,

Though Veritas techs will undoubtably respond with a link to SP4a, I can confirm it has no relation to this problem, and will not fix it.

Sharvari_Deshmu
Level 6
Hello,

We have taken a note of this issue.

Please log an enhancement to get further updates on this issue.

Thanks,

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answered and would be moved to answered questions pool.