cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email backup fails - Corrupt files

steeve_p
Level 4
hi guys,

my exchange backup is keep on failing, error log say, corrupt files. I checked those email in users, but those do not seem corrupted. What is the reason and How to overcome this problem?

Thanks

steeve
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

lyon
Level 5

This is an usuall situation. Though you find that files are corrupted, sometimes veritas identifies those files corrupted. This doesn't matter, though the backup results failes due to corrupted files being backed up, you can restore any files using that media. No issue at all.
but if you don't need to get that alert, only thing practicle is, ask those users to move those corrupted filed into thier personal fo;lders so that they won't be backed up. I have tried to overcome this issue by doing lots of things mentioned in articles, but none worked for me. This was the only thing even I do in such cases.

Thanks

Lyon

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

lyon
Level 5

This is an usuall situation. Though you find that files are corrupted, sometimes veritas identifies those files corrupted. This doesn't matter, though the backup results failes due to corrupted files being backed up, you can restore any files using that media. No issue at all.
but if you don't need to get that alert, only thing practicle is, ask those users to move those corrupted filed into thier personal fo;lders so that they won't be backed up. I have tried to overcome this issue by doing lots of things mentioned in articles, but none worked for me. This was the only thing even I do in such cases.

Thanks

Lyon

steeve_p
Level 4
yeah, I also tried few ways. But didn't work. I also think this is the only solution

Thanks

steev