Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Emergency BE2010

Rocky77
Level 4

Please help on BE 2010, it is Emergency

Really Emergency:

Every Sunday I am getting on two of my servers this error message when trying to do full backup:

1) The xyz server Full--The job failed with the following error: The network connection to the Backup Exec Remote Agent has been lost, check for network errors.(Event viewer ID 34113)

2) and for the second server i am getting xyz Server Full--The job failed with the following error:Access is denied.(Event viewer ID 34113)

I searched for the error id and all I found was some changing in registry and since both of them are in production, i really don't want to change the stting in registry and this is just happening on Sunday nights.

Any help I really appreciated...

Thank you very much

7 REPLIES 7

Thomas_K
Level 6

Moving this thread to the BE forum for better exposure.

Rocky77
Level 4

Thank You

VJware
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

For the 1st error, check if any other app is using ndmp port 10000 or not on the remote server...also, is firewall enabled or disabled ?

Check the version of beremote.exe on the remote server...It should match the version of the media server...And do you see any other errors such as network ones on this server ?

Even the 2nd error is quite generic...What exactly is being backed up ? Any databases or regular flat files ? version of BE & OSes ?

Ensure no AV is scanning these files during backup & you might want to create exceptions for the BE services/processes...

Rocky77
Level 4

First of all thank you so much for your replying to me as besides you, no one is helping me:

I checked and there is no app using port 10000, firewall is disabled, AV is not running, there is no other error in event viewer, I checked the version of Beremote.exe on the server and is 13.0.4164.109 but was not able to find the Beremote on media server (i think it should be a way that i can check it through BE GUI);

This server is for SQL databases and one is for SQL every sunday at 3am and the other backup for actual server every day; should i change the schedule for example from 3am to 1am? can i do this with acutal server and not with BE? also the server is 2003 and it is not part of domain;

This is more important the second server since it is productin but the second server is @mail server, version of BE is 2010 and just for this one is Lunix.

VJware
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

So as I understand, the first server is a SQL server & you have couple of backups for the same server...If yes, better to schedule these backups in such a manner such that they do not coincide...13.0.4164.109 is BE 2010 R2...easy way to check on the main media server is to click on Help - About...

This KB might help you with the 1st server if issues due to network - http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH61034

And the second server is Linux...Do you receive the error when selecting the linux resources or during the backup ? Again, on the linux server, check firewall & SELinux & do check if the account used in BE has appropriate permissions for the linux server

Rocky77
Level 4

If I change the password for symantecsvrc as you mentioned i have to create a new one, if i create a new one it doesn't affect the backups, does it?

Also for the first server the jobs are not conflict with each other! really strange!

Rocky77
Level 4

Hello VJware,

My boss asked me to use BE 2010 to tape and configure all 10 servers to use tape; is there any step by step instruction how to do that and do i have to start from scratch?

Thank you very much