cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Empty Foders after restore

rafioux
Level 2

Hi, I'm running Symantec Backup Exec 11d for Windows Servers on a Windows Server 2003 machine. Media Server 11.0 Rev 7170. One of my clients (users) deleted a folder that she wanted to recover later on. This was a subfolder inside "INBOX\Sales", it contained a folder structure with data (emails) stored in each folder.  I tryied to restore from a backtape, I can see the folder structure with the emails (the subject to each email that is) on the backup tape, so I select the appropiate folder and run the restore. My server reports status: Succesful, but the email account shows only the folder structure, with empty folders all. The restore log detail information reads: 

Item MAI\Hidden\Manager Mail Store\User Name[user]. Top of information store. Inbox .CAG Group.Accounts.Personal Info for BH was skipped by the user.

Where "User Name"  is the name of my user

Inbox.CAG.Group Accounts are folders (CAG inside Inbox, Group Accounts inside CAG)

and Personal Info for BH is the title to a particular email. 

There are hundres of lines like this, each line belongs to an email, but the individual emails don't get restored to the machine, just the folder structure. Any ideas what can be causing that?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Hi there,

Does the job at least complete successfully?

Have you tried to duplicate to disk first BEFORE doing a restore? If not, I'd suggest giving it a bash to see if this resolves the issue. And just adding onto that, make sure you're running SP5 for 11d and any subsequent patches.

The article below details how to run the duplicate job, and restore thereafter...

https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/articles/restoring-exchange-or-individual-mailboxesitems-using-backup-exec-howto

Thanks!

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

AmolB
Employee Accredited Certified

Is it Exchange data or DFS ?

If its DFS then it has to be backed up and restored from the Shadowd Copy Components.

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Hi there,

Does the job at least complete successfully?

Have you tried to duplicate to disk first BEFORE doing a restore? If not, I'd suggest giving it a bash to see if this resolves the issue. And just adding onto that, make sure you're running SP5 for 11d and any subsequent patches.

The article below details how to run the duplicate job, and restore thereafter...

https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/articles/restoring-exchange-or-individual-mailboxesitems-using-backup-exec-howto

Thanks!

rafioux
Level 2

Exchange data, Version 6.5.7638.1

rafioux
Level 2

Yes, I got a report that says the job was successful, but then under the detail part of the report log it reads "Skipped by user" for each single email inside the folder. I will check the article and thanks for your help.

rafioux
Level 2

Hi Craig;

The solution listed under the link worked for me! Thanks a lot!