cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Enable label type on tape label

ed_smith
Level 3
we have two versions of LTO tapes, L3 and L4. The barcodes have the L3 and L4 designators and the designators show when looking at the tape library but do not show when viewing from Backup Exec. Does anyone know how to make the L3 and L4 show in Backup Exec. We are running BE 12.5. tks ed
3 REPLIES 3

Colin_Weaver
Employee Accredited Certified

How long are your barcodes as libraries have to have a special mode enabled if they are longer than a certain length (off the top of my head I think this is something like 8 characters) Also Backup Exec cannot handle longer than 15 even after you enable the mode on the library. NOTE: this mode I refer to is NOT a Backup Exec setting it is a libary setting and for some reason with at least one manufacturers library model, the display panel on the library itself always shows the full barcode even when the mode has not been changed.

Colin_Weaver
Employee Accredited Certified

More Info
http://entsupport.symantec.com/docs/306559

pkh
   VIP    Certified

If you are using a HP autoloader, then access the library using the Web interface and set the parameter Barcode Label Length Reported To Host to the appropriate length, i.e. 8.  This parameter is located under the tabs Configuration --> System.