Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Encryption key error

ltjimster
Level 6

Hello guys,

It's been a while, hope all is well?

I'm having a problem with my Backup Exec 2010 R3 encryption side of things. I've set an encryption key but my boss has changed the built in administrator username and password for hacking reasons, which i was using and i know has effected the backup jobs with the encryption.

I wanted to just add a new encryption key and change the jobs to that one using the the same passphrase but I get the error saying "restricted encryption key cannot be used because the key owner cannot be validated. the username may have been disabled or deleted." when i try to submit the job.

I've already changed the logon accounts in backup exec and set the services to new account name as well.

I can get around it by removing the encryption key altogether from the job but that's not really a solution.

Any ideas??

Thanks

James

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

ltjimster
Level 6

It's ok i sorted it!!!

I just had to use the replace button on the right for the original encrytpion key then made a new one and had to set to common access because for some reason it give me errors when trying to do restricted.

James

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

ltjimster
Level 6

It's ok i sorted it!!!

I just had to use the replace button on the right for the original encrytpion key then made a new one and had to set to common access because for some reason it give me errors when trying to do restricted.

James