cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Enterprise Vault Backup Failed with Backup Exec Error (V-79–57344-33932 — Unable to attach to a resource)

kirans
Level 4
Partner Accredited

V-79–57344-33932 — Unable to attach to a resource. Make sure that all selected resources exist and are online, and then try again. If the server or resource no longer exists, remove it from the selec­tion list. Edit the selec­tion list prop­er­ties, click the View Selec­tion Details tab, and then remove the resource.

Issue:
Agent for Enter­prise Vault backup job fails dur­ing the ‘index loca­tions’ backup with: 0xe000848c — Unable to attach to a resource.

Cause: When I move indexes from one physical disk to Bigger size SAN LUN (I:\). That drive is not picking default share (I$- system default share). And backup get failed with above error.

Res­o­lu­tion:
Click Start, click Run, type net share

Notice ADMIN$ and C$ shares don’t exists.

Exam­ine the AutoShare­Server and AutoShareWks reg­istry val­ues to make sure that they are not set to 0:
Click Start, click Run, type regedit, and then press ENTER.
Locate and then click the fol­low­ing reg­istry key: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\LanmanServer\Parameters
If the AutoShare­Server and AutoShareWks DWORD val­ues in the LanmanServer\Parameters sub-key are con­fig­ured with a value data of 0, change that value to 1.
Note that, If these val­ues do not exist, you do not have to cre­ate them because the default behav­ior is to auto­mat­i­cally cre­ate the admin­is­tra­tive shares.

Quit Reg­istry Edi­tor and restart the server.

Ver­ify that the admin­is­tra­tive shares are by run­ning the net share com­mand from a com­mand prompt.

Notice ADMIN$ and C$ shares are listed. Rerun the backup job.

My Backup job get successfully completed.

1 REPLY 1

newsolutionBE
Level 6

Hi

There is already a technote by symantec on this issue if you would have reffered this should had solved your issue way earlier thanks

http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH143959