Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Enterprise Vault BackupExec Issue

yilmazbalci
Level 3
Partner Accredited

Hello,

I have installed Enterprise Vault 10.0.4 version on Windows 2008 R2 and SQL Server 2008 SP3. I configured all required settings for Exchange archiving. it's succesfully runinng. I have Backupexec 2012 up to date.  I ınstalled backupexec agent to Enterprise Vault server and created backup job. But i am getting some errors while starting job.

Unable to attach to .

V-79-57344-33932 - Unable to attach to a resource.  Make sure that all selected resources exist and are online, and then try again.  If the server or resource no longer exists, remove it from the selection list. Edit the selection list properties, click the View Selection Details tab, and then remove the resource.

Unable to attach to .

V-79-57344-33932 - Unable to attach to a resource.  Make sure that all selected resources exist and are online, and then try again.  If the server or resource no longer exists, remove it from the selection list. Edit the selection list properties, click the View Selection Details tab, and then remove the resource.

When i look "Backup and Restore" section i can see Enterprise Vault Server name as "Directory on LOCALHOST". as you can see below ;

2014-03-21_2219.png

2014-03-21_2246.png

When i look Backupexec  agent utility on Enterpise Vault server i see this settings.

2014-03-21_2216_0.png

I have read all article about this issue and i applied all suggestion. but i could not solve problem. Whats wrong ?

Thank you

6 REPLIES 6

lmosla
Level 6

Hello,  Did you read this article also? If not, take a look  http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH160370

Thanks

yilmazbalci
Level 3
Partner Accredited

Hi Imosla i read this and applied. Nothing has changed.

pkh
   VIP    Certified

Check that you are on BE 2012 SP4 which provides support for EV 10.0.4.  It was recently released and may not be available on LU.  If you run LU and cannot find SP4 then download it here

http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH212772

yilmazbalci
Level 3
Partner Accredited

Hi,

Thanks for advice. I Installed SP4 and reinstall BackupExec Agent on Vault server. But i am getting same error. I noticed that backup job is running 5 minutes and when i look to job activity it seems backup is working succesfully for Vault Index file but not working for Vault Disk.

rrrrr.png

I Installed SQL Server "SQL Server Authentication Mode" with SA username and password. Which credential should be used ? Backupexec Account, Evadmin Account or SA account.

Why Vault Server Name seems that way as Localhost ???

2014-03-22_2132.png

pkh
   VIP    Certified

From the BE perspective, you should turn on Windows Authentication and use the BESA to do the backup.  You have to add the BESA as a db_owner of the databases.

You might want to either post this problem on the EV forum or log a support case with Symantec for them to take a look at it.

yilmazbalci
Level 3
Partner Accredited

Thanks for your help but i could not solve problem. I'll write EV Forum.