Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Enterprise Vault Store redirection using BE 2010 SP3

dstrokes
Level 3
Partner Accredited

Good day all,

I currently have an EV 8 SP3 in a production environment along with a test environment running on MS Hpyer-V. I'm testing a complete disaster restore if everything is to be destroyed. My virtual environment is not all buff up (resources) due to budgets as I'm running the DC, EV, SQL, fileserver and Exchange. I have managed to restore all the components using System Recovery along with the data restore, at the moment I'm trying the restore of the closed vault but as my resources is not all that the test server will crash. I am looking at restoring the closed store to a different location on the production EV server using the redirection feature in BE 2010 and just copy the data to the test environment, i'm receiveing errors with the restore. Can anyone point me to the correct proceedure don't know if I missed something in the restore configuration.

Thanks.

9 REPLIES 9

ZeRoC00L
Level 6
Partner Accredited

What is the exact error message your receive ?

ZeRoC00L
Level 6
Partner Accredited

dstrokes
Level 3
Partner Accredited

My error is "Unable to attach to this resource. Make sure that this resource exists, and then try again"

I have researched this and tried all the options. this error I will get when I try to restore the close vault store back to the same EV server but redirecting it to another location on the server.

ZeRoC00L
Level 6
Partner Accredited

Are you trying to restore SQL or EV itself ?
 Is EV installed ?

pkh
   VIP    Certified

If you have any additional information, do edit your previous post and add it in.  Don't post multiple times.

dstrokes
Level 3
Partner Accredited

Yes EV is installed it is the original EV server, i'm trying to restore the closed vault on the same EV server but redirect it to another location and I receive the error above.

ZeRoC00L
Level 6
Partner Accredited

See http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=HOWTO23569

Vault store partition

The following are additional requirements for redirecting the restore of a vault store partition:

• The vault store must already contain a vault partition with the same name. If a vault partition does not exist, you must create it.

dstrokes
Level 3
Partner Accredited

This is the original server everything is as is the vault store name the datbases the user account. Nothing is different or missing archiving is going on as normal in the afternoon, the server is working, just that I wanted to restore the closed vault to a different drive location and I receive the error concerning the resource. is it that because the close vault is in the original location that EV sees it as active?

ZeRoC00L
Level 6
Partner Accredited

What are you trying to acomplish ?

Be very carefull not to overwrite your current data !
I think you will have to create a new vault store, and redirect to that store.