cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error 0xe00084b8

rshb4400
Level 4

Hello! Our backup job have failed we the following errors:

Job Completion Status Job ended: 25 апреля 2014 г. at 1:48:43 Completed status: Failed Final error: 0xe00084b8 - An error occurred during backup. See the job log for details. Final error category: Job Errors For additional information regarding this error refer to link V-79-57344-33976
Errors Click an error below to locate it in the job log Backup- pbv.tk.rosnk.ru|C:V-79-57344-33976 - Error. Cannot backup directory \WINDOWS\assembly\GAC_32\System.EnterpriseServices\2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a and its subdirectories. V-79-57344-33976 - Error. Cannot backup directory \WINDOWS\assembly\GAC_MSIL\IEExecRemote\2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a and its subdirectories. V-79-57344-33976 - Error. Cannot backup directory \WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\assembly\GAC_32\System.EnterpriseServices\v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a and its subdirectories. V-79-57344-33976 - Error. Cannot backup directory \WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\assembly\GAC_MSIL\Microsoft.Workflow.Compiler\v4.0_4.0.0.0__31bf3856ad364e35 and its subdirectories.

The help page for V-79-57344-33976 suggests to use the hotfix for this problem but there is no link to the hotfix on that page (http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH212877). Also, we have IBM Lotus installed on that server if its matter. Where can i take the hotfix? Is there another way for solving this issue? Regards, Murat Boziev.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

pkh
   VIP    Certified
Expand the Lotus Domino Databases node and deselect these directories if they are select. You should only select the directories containing Lotus databases under the Lotus Domino Databases node

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13

AmolB
Employee Accredited Certified

What version of Backup Exec you are using? The hotfix mentioned above belongs to BE2012.

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

...the OP has tagged this as Backup Exec 2010...!

CraigV

Hi,

Is Advanced Open File Option selected for the job? If not, select it and try again.

Thanks!

AmolB
Employee Accredited Certified

I know OP has tagged it as BE2010 but OP has also posted Hotfix link which belongs to BE2012.

Hence I wanted to confirm what version of BE is being used.

rshb4400
Level 4
AmolZeroCool, we are using BE2010. So that fix cant help us...
CraigV, could you explain briefly how do i see if Advanced Open File Option is selected for the job? I am beginner in BE.

CraigV

...no worries.

If you open up your job/s or policy containing all your jobs, there is a section for Advanced Open File Option. Make sure it is selected there.

Thanks!

rshb4400
Level 4

Yes, i see. Option is selected. Any suggestions?

Untitled.png

CraigV

...select the setting: Automatically select open file technology. See if this makes a difference!

Thanks!

rshb4400
Level 4

Hello.

Unfortunatelly the errors remains. What else can be done?

Thanks!

pkh
   VIP    Certified
Check whether the files/folders actually exist. If they do, from a command prompt, run Chkdsk /f To correct any foods disk errors. Make sure you have the /f switch so that any errors can be fixed

rshb4400
Level 4

pkh, they exist.

Also we have noticed that these errors only occur for the jobs where Lotus Domino Database is selected for backup in our selection tree.

11111111.png

pkh
   VIP    Certified
Expand the Lotus Domino Databases node and deselect these directories if they are select. You should only select the directories containing Lotus databases under the Lotus Domino Databases node

rshb4400
Level 4

pkh, it helped.

thanks to everyone.