cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error 0xe00084d4, v10d

Stephen_Reece
Level 4
Hello:
All the solutions to this error during verification discuss bad media. However, I've received this error 3 days in a row on 3 different tapes, but always on the same server. The online solution of erasing the media will not be effective in this case.
Does anyone know of any other solutions?

We are running version 10d build 5629, and the media is a Quantum SDLT600 drive.

Thanks for everyone's help!

SR
20 REPLIES 20

Stephen_Reece
Level 4
Anyone?

Shraddha_Dhaval
Level 6
Hi,

Please go through the following tech notes.

http://support.veritas.com/docs/190890 and

http://support.veritas.com/docs/273314

Hope this will help you.

Thanks.

Please revert if we have not understood or answered your querry.

Note : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked ?assumed answered? and would be moved to ?answered questions? pool.

Stephen_Reece
Level 4
Hello:

The supplied posts did not resolve my issue.

First, I don't see how this is a problem with the tape. I received this error after adding the server to an existing job. Even after removing it from the primary job and creating a job that appends to the primary job data I receive the same error. Additionally, I get the error on any tape that is used - and a different tape is used each day for 2 weeks then recycled.

As for the second post, the communication seems to be normal between the media server and remote agent. The backup data is there, but the verify fails. Even performing a stand-alone verification job fails. The log indicates that it fails on both drives and the system state.

Any other ideas?

SR

tejashree_Bhate
Level 6
Hello,

You may also check the Windows Event Viewer, and look for any event id's 7, 9, 11, or 15.
They could be indicating a problem with the hardware.

Note:- if we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be assumed answered and archived.

Stephen_Reece
Level 4
The event ID for the error thrown by the MSIinstaller is 1024.
Product: Symantec Backup Exec for Windows Servers - Update '{CEC28FA2-8001-4246-97EA-371CA72DDCC1}' could not be installed. Error code 1603.

Sharvari_Deshmu
Level 6
Hello,

TRy performing a backup job on new tape or try erasing a tape and then verify the result.

Thanks,

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answered and would be moved to answered questions pool.

Stephen_Reece
Level 4
Hello:
I am working on erasing and verifying a tape now. However, I'm not sure how this could be the issue. We use a different tape each day, and then cycle through them every 2 weeks. We get this error on each tape. Is it possible that 14 tapes all have the same problem?

I will post back when the tape is erased and verified.

Stephen_Reece
Level 4
Erased the media, performed a backup of the server, and the job failed during verification with the same errors. Are there any utilities to test a remote agent installation?

padmaja_rajopad
Level 6
Hi,

If you are using a standalone drive, then install OEM drivers and try running a job with NTBACKUP.

Check whether you get the same error with the same tapes with NTBACKUP.

How to use OEM drivers with Backup Exec for Windows Servers

http://support.veritas.com/docs/253974

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answered and would be moved to answered questions pool.

Stephen_Reece
Level 4
Thread was updated after I reposted the message. Please disregard.

Thanks,
StephenMessage was edited by:
Stephen Reece

tejashree_Bhate
Level 6
Hello,

As mentioned in our previous mail have you tried running a job with the NT backup utility.?

Let us know the update.

Note:- if we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be assumed answered and archived.

Stephen_Reece
Level 4
I'm a little confused. What does the "How to use OEM drivers with Backup Exec for Windows Servers" have to do with running NTBACKUP? Futher, why would the current Veritas drivers work for all 5 other servers but not this one?
At any rate, I can run the NTBACKUP utility but I will not be able to point it to the tape drive yet. This drive is bound to the media server. Once I bind it to the other server I will try a backup and post again.

Thanks,
Stephen

Sharvari_Deshmu
Level 6
Hello,

Veritas drivers cannot be used with NT backup hence we have suggested OEM drivers.

Please update us once your tests are done.

Thanks,

Stephen_Reece
Level 4
OK, I haven't had time to remove the SCSI controller from an ESX server, move it into COM01 and run NTBACKUP. However, I really don't feel it's necessary. The OS in question is Windows 2000 Server - of which we have 2 other machines running the same OS. Every other machine backs up properly except this one. Does a server actually need the OEM driver to run a remote agent? Whta I mean is, does the remote agent even know that the data is going to tape or does it just pipe the data to the media server?

Thanks,
Stephen

padmaja_rajopad
Level 6
Hi,

The error message indicates a bad media.

Since the issue with bad tapes can be isolated by testing the device with OEM drivers and the VRTS drivers, the option of OEM drivers was suggested....

OEM drivers has got nothing to do with Remote Agent.

In fact, you could also try a backup on a Backup to Disk folder just to be sure whether the error occurs only during tape backup...

Stephen_Reece
Level 4
Tonight I am trying to use NTBackup to place the backup on the file server and then I will backup the file to tape. We'll see if that works...

Thanks for the reply.

Stephen

Deepali_Badave
Level 6
Employee
Hello Stephane,

Please keep us updated about this issue.

Stephen_Reece
Level 4

Stephen_Reece
Level 4
I will. However some other stuff is going on so I can not devote as much time as I would like to this issue. I will let you know you this went on Monday.