cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error 0xe00084f8

Bertrand
Level 3
Hello

with BE 11d7170, all updates, when backuping a NAS server, i have this error on many jobs.

"The network connection to the Backup Exec Remote Agent has been lost. Check for network errors."

I have done all the checks, but nothing change.

what can i do ?

Thanks
2 REPLIES 2

BayBusinessTaur
Level 4
I have a number of servers with this problem and some of them are even standalone.
I've noticed that after re-starting the servers that failed with this error I often get the error "Backup Exec Remote Agent for Windows NT/2000 encountered a problem and needed to close." soon as I login.

I have been banging my head against a brick wall with Symantec over this for months. If it's any consolation BE version 12 seems more stable.

There are loads of posts re the remote agent crashing and it would be great to get some eror reporting info from Microsoft on exactly how often this occurs. I'm sure it's a much bigger problem with 11d than Symantec make out. I'm so frustrated with how unstable 11d is and looking at other backup products. Even though version 12 seems more stable I'm pretty anoyed at how Symantec seem to have their head in the sand re this issue and can only vote with my feet.

If anyone knows how to get error reporting stats from Microsoft please let me know :)

Bertrand
Level 3
Hi

The problem came from NIC teaming.

i have disable the team and it is running correctly.
It was a 2 x GB broadcom NIC team.

thanks