cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error 0xe0009543 - Cannot get the configuration details of a VMware virtual machine.

Georgia
Level 3
Partner

Can someone help troubleshoot this messsage: With BESR 12.5 I'm able to connect to our VMWare Virtual Centre, select a Virtual Image as per the selection list, but when running the job, after "pre-processing" Backup Exec v12.5 returns:

Final error: 0xe0009543 - Cannot get the configuration details of a VMware virtual machine.

For additional information regarding this error refer to link V-79-57344-38211, but the link doesn't point to any kb articles.

I've been able to successfully backup the VM using VCB mounter, and the same credentials & transport mode, just not Backup Exec.

Any assistance would be appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Georgia
Level 3
Partner
I've managed to resolve this one - as suspected, it was a permissions issue. Once I utilised a domain administrator login, the backup proceeded without this error. Would be a good idea if Symantec wrote a kb article on this one!

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

carpediem91
Level 2

I've just installed BESR 12.5 and I get the exact same error and message when attempting to back up our virtual servers.  I'm able to see the VM's under VC just fine, but any time I go to run the backup, it always fails with this message.  Any help or pointers would be appreciated.  Here's the event from the Event Log:

Event Type:    Error
Event Source:    Backup Exec
Event Category:    None
Event ID:    34113
Date:        10/9/2008
Time:        1:02:33 PM
User:        N/A
Computer:    VIRTCENT01
Description:
Backup Exec Alert: Job Failed
(Server: "VIRTCENT01") (Job: "Backup 00002") Backup 00002 -- The job failed with the following error: Cannot get the configuration details of a VMware virtual machine.

For more information, click the following link:
http://eventlookup.veritas.com/eventlookup/EventLookup.jhtml

Steve_W_
Level 6
Employee Accredited

Please open a ticket with support for assistance with this issue.  I have provided a link below to find your local support number. 

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/contact_techsupp_numbers.jsp?pid=15047

Georgia
Level 3
Partner
I've managed to resolve this one - as suspected, it was a permissions issue. Once I utilised a domain administrator login, the backup proceeded without this error. Would be a good idea if Symantec wrote a kb article on this one!

carpediem91
Level 2

No such luck here, I'm afraid.  I elevated my backup exec service account to a domain administrator as part of my first round of troubleshooting.  Thanks for the suggestion, but unfortunately it still doesn't work for me. I've opened a phone case as requested, but after 2 hours on hold, the support rep was clueless as to how to fix it and assured me that he'd get back with me over the weekend... no such luck.  

Thanks,

Jeff

Sudhir_Amin
Level 4
Employee Accredited

What version of VCB did u install?

Did u configure VCB proxy as the local media server ?

If yes then by any chance were u performing offhost previously with VCB scripts configured manually.( pre and post commands stuff)

Please email me the case id to my corporate email id {removed to prevent spam}  let me look at it .

Message Edited by OptimusPrime on 10-23-2008 01:10 PM

Mifi01
Level 2
Partner

Hi Jeff.

Have you find any solution? I have exactly the same problem.

Thanks, Michi

Mr_B_
Level 3

Hi Everybody,

I solved the problem by starting the backup job with the local administrator’s account of the VC, instead with a domain account. It looks like in my case BE/VCB or VC cannot query properly a domain account on the AD. Good luck!

Mr. B.