cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error 1305. Error reading from file 146de2c0.msi

abe_rolick
Level 3
I was attempting to run the patch be5484RHF24_275514.exe on our BackupExec 10 server, and I got the following message:

Error 1305.Error reading from file c:\Windows\Installer\146de2c0.msi. Verify that the file exists and that you can access it.

I was able to reboot, log in as administrator, and delete the file, but after doing this, no installer will run (any patch OR the repair feature from the CD). So I've since restored the file, but no patches can be applied nor can the CD perform a repair installation. Consequently, I can no longer install the DLO agent on any of our client machines. The DLO agent install dies with the following message:

This installation package could not be opened. Verify that the package exists and that you can access it, or contact the application vendor to verify that this is a valid Windows Installer package.

Is there anything I can do, short of a full uninstall/install to solve this problem? Thanks in advance
1 REPLY 1

Amruta_Bhide
Level 6
Hello,
Please go through the following Article:
"Error 1305 .Error reading from file PATH\filename.ext. Verify that the file exists and that you can access it." when installing Backup Exec or applying a Service Pack.
http://support.veritas.com/docs/275232
------------------------------------------------------------------------
You can also try installing the MDAC component checker Utility from Microsoft Support site and check if there are any mismatches in the dlls. If yes, try reapllying the Mdac. If you still find mismatches, we suggest you contact Microsoft for the MDAC installation.

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=8f0a8df6-4a21-4b43-bf53-14332ef092c9&DisplayLang=en

Note : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked ‘assumed answered’ and would be moved to ‘answered questions’ pool.

Thanks.